Replacing Reflectives on Lycra

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited October 2016 in Commuting chat
Hi.

After a year of washing, most of the reflective spots on the shorts, leg warmers and arm warmers have worn off, but otherwise the clothes are good.

Wondering if anyone has found something that can re-add them? THe volvo life paint seems to be "reasonable" for small spots/bands, if your happy to spend ages applying it, but not sure if there are other options.

Ta
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    You can get reflective tape that you could put on your pedals and cranks. I think you'll struggle to get reflectives back on lycra.

Or some cheap overshoes with reflectives on? The moving stuff is always the most visible
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    cougie wrote:
    You can get reflective tape that you could put on your pedals and cranks. I think you'll struggle to get reflectives back on lycra.

Or some cheap overshoes with reflectives on? The moving stuff is always the most visible

Yeah, ive got some black Solas spots tape that ive put on cranks and to cover a large scratch on the frame, and have overshoes with the tabs.

It's that bits that move that I want to replicate if possible, - large lines up the back of the leg warmers & on the arm warmers for indication.

Nothing else wrong with the kit.

Oh course, if you subscribe to 'drivers should see a cyclist with the minimum legal rqt stuff on' which part of me feels is all we should need, it's overkill...
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...