Warmer Knee Warmers

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
I have a couple of sets, the warmer of the two have now seen better days and aren't sold anymore, they are Roubaix lined, reasonably thick and have been good.

Anyone tried the Rapha Merino ones or the Castelli Thermoflex? I'm interested to hear how warm they are from colder knee people.

Maybe there are some that are a bit windproof as well that would help?

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I have some Morvelo Stormshield ones which seem very toasty so far on early morning rides. Have you considered 3/4 bibs with knee warmers?
  • mfin
    Step83 wrote:
    I have some Morvelo Stormshield ones which seem very toasty so far on early morning rides. Have you considered 3/4 bibs with knee warmers?

I'll look them up, thanks.

I haven't considered that no, pretty much because I am warm enough with the warm ones I have, I just need to replace them.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    DeFeet merino are warmer than most. Not windproof though.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I have the Castelli's, they are fine for me. I will happily wear them down to about 5 degrees, below that I wear other stuff.

Earlier today I bought a pair of the Sportful no rain knee warmers - they are basically the same as the Castelli Nanoflex ones but a tenner cheaper. Seem good, haven't worn them on a ride yet though.
  • Assos s7
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Have used all the current Rapha models. They all do a good job and never noticed much difference in warmth between them. Found that the standard model do lose their shape a bit more and slip down around the thigh on a long ride. Currently on the shadow version which are overpriced but if I had to pick a favourite of the three these would be it (they are also windproof and offer a bit of waterproofing as well).
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    mfin wrote:
    I have a couple of sets, the warmer of the two have now seen better days and aren't sold anymore, they are Roubaix lined, reasonably thick and have been good.

Anyone tried the Rapha Merino ones or the Castelli Thermoflex? I'm interested to hear how warm they are from colder knee people.

Maybe there are some that are a bit windproof as well that would help?

The Castelli I would describe as about medium warmth. Gore thermo are quite thin. Look at Lusso Max Repel.
  • mfin
    Just looking up the Lusso Max Repel, thanks.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Castelli. Mid warmth for weather now.

Any colder you should go for full tights always more comfortable than knee or leg warmers.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    I love my dhb ones.
    A bit thicker than others I have and are contoured for the knee bend

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-regulate-wa ... warmers-1/