Bib tights for Tall (but not bean pole) Peeps

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi.

I'm desperately trying to find some unpadded bib tights to wear over padded shorts for the upcoming winter. The look of 3/4 shorts mixed with fluro leg warmers with MTB baggies on top just isn't cutting it any more.

I'm 6ft7" , a 42" waist with 33" inside leg. The ones I've tried has been a complete failure for a mixture of getting over calfs or the legs just being incredibly short.

So far, I've tried :
DHB Vaeon Roubaix XXL Unpadded Bib Tights
Aldi (Crane) XL Bib Unpadded Bib Tights
Various stuff from Halfords in store (Dare2B, Boardman etc)
Various stuff from Sports Direct -unknown which brand.

I'm considering some BigLadAtTheBack stuff, but its' so expensive...

Any other suggestions really will be appreciated!

TA
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• I am 6ft 5 but have the same inside leg as you and I wear Mavic tights. I think I have the equipes but not sure. They are very slightly short (over the course of a ride I will end up with a 5mm gap between the bottom and a regular cycling sock) but sometimes wear very slightly longer sports socks.

They are padded but its not horrendous and I wear them with mostly assos shorts and don't have any problem at all.

Long time ago I used to have a pair of bibs that had ankle straps but that was just embarrassing really...
    I am 6ft7 and weigh about 100KG. I find that Castelli xxxl tights fit me well and if you want something a little looser Gore Bike Wear xxl also fit well. Most other brands too short.

I got these in a sale a few months back and they are fine for me :-

http://www.castellicafe.co.uk/castelli- ... d?var=6353

Seems they are now out of stock unfortunately. Best to order from a retailer with free returns to confirm your sizing.
  • I'm 6'5" and ~95kg and have a pair of Lusso Roubaix that work well for me - also a padded pair from Ed Bike Co-op that I think are OEM Polaris that aren't like Nora Batty's (nor are they likely to change the register I sing in)
  • turbo1191
    turbo1191 Posts: 501
    Another vote for xxl gore.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Thanks all.
    I'll go order some of the above then - cheers!
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...