How do you watch cycling?

TheBigBean
TheBigBean Posts: 20,578
edited October 2016 in Pro race
Just interested, plus I'm wowed by Sky Go telling me I can't watch it on my Samsung mobile (due a technical problem) and I can't watch it on a laptop with multiple screens. The latter point is a serious hindrance when pretending to work. Plus Belkin no longer support @TV.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Eurosport on TV mostly.

I also ticked Sky Go but it's actually the Virgin equivalent
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,578
    Have subscribed to Eurosport player for the first time for a full 12 months, so will see how that goes.

Trouble is there commentating team irritate me - would much prefer Boulting\Millar or as as of this afternoon, Brotherton\Millar.

BBC\Red button was an option you missed, I will be watching both the Men's and Women's races at the weekend on it, but will resort to Eurosport player if they happen to be showing more.

BBC also have excellent Velodrome coverage for various events.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • TheBigBean
    RichN95 wrote:
    Eurosport on TV mostly.

How do you do that at work?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    TheBigBean wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Eurosport on TV mostly.

How do you do that at work?
    I don't. Most of the races are at the weekend.

If I want to watch at work I watch Eurosport on my iPad using Virgin Anywhere (like Sky Go)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ITV preferred, BBC has been OK, Eurosport player as a last resort or for races not otherwise covered (which is unfortunately most of them).
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I clicked other as I mainly watch Eurosport .... but do love the GT highlights on C4 once a year.

or did you mean other as in watching them whilst wearing womens underwear ?
  • I needed a 3rd option.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Stridor
    Stridor Posts: 48
    Probably needed to add the 'very dodgy internet feed via cheeky (probably illegal) means'...option to the poll.

That's how I watch, usually in languages that I do not understand... :twisted:
  • TheBigBean
    Stridor wrote:
    Probably needed to add the 'very dodgy internet feed via cheeky (probably illegal) means'...option to the poll.

That's how I watch, usually in languages that I do not understand... :twisted:

That's mostly covered by "Fancy European channel powered by the magic internet". I'm not sure there are any legal options in the UK for most races as the rights would have been sold to Eurosport / ITV / BBC / Bike. That said, I'm sure there are some forumites that live outside the UK and use local legal streams.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Eurosport on TV & Eurosport Player. At the races themselves too.

Why only two options? :(
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • TheBigBean
    For those in "Fancy European channel on TV via satellite in UK" what is your set up like?
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    For those in "Fancy European channel on TV via satellite in UK" what is your set up like?

Dish, motor, sat receiver and hard drive for recording.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,595
    TheBigBean wrote:

No idea.

Basically some big gray dish and a box.
  • TheBigBean
    Do you pay? And if so whom do you pay? For the channel that is rather than the kit.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Most of the above.

Classics on eurosport
    GT's on ITV
    CX on youtube or bike channel
    On @TV on the toilet/turbo
    TOB at the roadside if it comes close enough
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    It used to be pictures from sporza on the telly and then an illegal feed for the english commentary so that i could do other stuff whilst it was in the background but not miss anything crucial

At work, straight up illegality.

Next year however now sporza is not an option....no idea :cry:

Something like red bull.tv would be good. I wonder if thats why they ve sponsored PFP
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Do you pay? And if so whom do you pay? For the channel that is rather than the kit.

Parent's house innit ;)
  • rick_chasey
    For the races I care about that I can watch live, i'll usually sync the TV Euro feed with the illegal sporza feed to get the commentary; involved a bit of precarious pausing of live TV to sync it up properly.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    TheBigBean wrote:

Dish plus French TNTSat receiver for FR3 and L'Equipe21. (Also Eurosport.de & RAI Sport)

Receiver comes with 4 year card renewable for 15euro via French address.
  • Tend to record Eurosport on Sky and watch when available after work as so much is on midweek. But even then, my young daughter tends to monopolise TV so have increasingly taken to watching live on my phone via Sky Go at weekends.

Fans of the Millar - he's on BBC (online) now with Brotherton and what sounds like Rochelle Gilmour. Eurposport in UK don't have rights for today live.
  • Tiz-cycling seems to work well for live streaming
  • this year, live on tv, Giro and TDF , Vuelta too but delayed. and some classics. Less and less on tv.
    For the rest, directly on the website of Rtve, RaiSport, Sporza, Nos. Or Cyclinghub.tv website.

For north american races, directly on the website of the races with Tourtracker.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    ES on TV is the preferred option.

If I'm out then Sky Go on my iPad or iPhone.

If it's not on ES then BIKE channel as above.

If it's not on BIKE or ES then vie some dodgy stream on my PC or iPad (often cyclinghub.tv).

And if it's not on any of those then I'll find a ticker.
  • Increasingly I 'watch' races via the comments here as much as looking for the visuals - if it sounds good I'll find the highlights, and if it's rubbish at least I'll have enjoyed the bitching about it.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Couldn't really answer as I'd need more than 2 options. But since I cancelled Sky I've found I'm watching less due to the combination of Eurosport Player reliability and Kirby 's commentary.