Nottingham to Newcastle (Route Suggestions)

captain_kirk
captain_kirk Posts: 105
edited October 2016 in Tour & expedition
Good Afternoon all!

I'm looking for advice for a road route from North Nottingham (Mansfield in reality, but I can modify any Nottingham start point) going to Newcastle.

I want to raise some money for charity with some cyclists at work. Our factory is in Mansfield, with our head office in Newcastle. Hence the route.

We would probably split it into a 2 day ride, approx 100 miles per day.

Does anyone have any nice sections of route to follow? I'm thinking of something like Mansfield towards Yorkshire moors, then along the coast to Newcastle? Or would that turn out to be hilly?
Or, even better, does anyone have the whole route that they have completed (maybe as part of a longer route)?

Thank you muchly in advance!

Comments

• sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Good Afternoon all!

I'm looking for advice for a road route from North Nottingham (Mansfield in reality, but I can modify any Nottingham start point) going to Newcastle.

I want to raise some money for charity with some cyclists at work. Our factory is in Mansfield, with our head office in Newcastle. Hence the route.

We would probably split it into a 2 day ride, approx 100 miles per day.

Does anyone have any nice sections of route to follow? I'm thinking of something like Mansfield towards Yorkshire moors, then along the coast to Newcastle? Or would that turn out to be hilly?
    Or, even better, does anyone have the whole route that they have completed (maybe as part of a longer route)?

Thank you muchly in advance!

I've plotted a few routes from Sheffield to Newcastle (in laws live there), not ridden it yet though.

Out through Barnsley/Wath, towards Pontefract Tadcaster and then straight north up the Vale of York and an overnight stop around Scotch Corner. Think that was just over 100 miles pretty flat miles plotted on Strava and quite flat. After that its lumpy all the way to Newcastle and about 50 miles from memory. If I can work out how to do it I'll post a link/post the gpx file if it's of intetest.
  • That'd be good, thanks!
    Here is my current route https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/13784514
  • Ive ridden Newcastle to the South of York. Let me know if you want the GPX route and ill email it to you.