New Fuji Gran Fondo 1.3 or three year old De Rosa 838

olet
olet Posts: 5
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Currently I have a 20 year old Olagnero Racer with Campagnolo Veloce. Recently I have taken it out for some great rides and now I have deiced to buy a new and more up-to date bike.

I have been looking around and have come to the conclusion I would like a bike with Carbon frame so I have mainly been focusing on that.
I hoped to find some good deals for 2016-models or a used bike which is not too old.

Now I have found two candidates which matches my "great first impression"-feelings and my budget. However looking at just the bikes you could argue they don't have much in common. I hope some of you would have some good points or advices anyways.

1. Fuji Gran Fondo 1.3.
New bike
2016-model
Shimano 105

2. De Rosa 838
Used bike
2013-model
Have been riding for about 3.000 miles
Campagnolo Chorus groupset (with a new Athena 11-speed cassette and a new chain)

They will cost me almost the same - the Fuji slightly cheaper but is without pedals. So I assume the price difference will be max 100 USD.

I expect to be using the bike almost all year (including the winter seasons). Mainly to and from work (11-12 miles) and in weekends (I guess about 12 - 24 miles).

Every advice and points to consider will by appreciated :-)

BR,
Ole