Gran Canaria or Tenerife in early November?

utherdoul
utherdoul Posts: 24
edited October 2016 in Tour & expedition
I'm just looking to book a last minute weeks holiday in either Gran Canaria or Tenerife in early November. Does anyone have any experience of either locations and potential resorts to stay? I will just be travelling solo, so just looking for cheap and cheerful, with somewhere that does organised rides (either shop rides or an organised group).
I have already discounted Mallorca (too cold and been there loads), Anadalucia / Sierra Nevada (same reason) and the winds of Lanzarorote don't really appeal.

Looking forward to any thoughts!

Comments

• Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    Done GC the last two Novembers, the cycling and landscape is awesome, stayed in Maspalomas which as far as the south of the island go's is probably the best place for most routes. BUT the accommodation situation (and resort) is pretty dire. First year we managed to get a good deal at the Canary Garden Club which was not a bad place, last year this was full months in advance and despite a lot of homework best we could find of a very bad bunch was not great.... put us off going this year. Think if I did go back might try Puerto Mogan, looked better than most places on the south coast, has a Freemotion shop for bike hire/rides but does mean frequent use of the coast road to access a lot of the decent rides.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have you considered Lanzarote ?
  • What about Greece? Greekcycleholidayscom. We are currently running a 15% off special offer. lEt me know if you need more details Cheers