wednesday, deep in the country, the factories hide

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,555
edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, office, stuff

more obscure lyric source for today, if you can't get it the emergency backup dizzee rascal lyric is...

"the streets are so alive right now, i fuсking love this town"

...excellent video with this one, especially the cat rescue
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Thread title well over my head this morning.

Slightly over dressed this morning and had my gentle pootle into work spoiled by a lady on a hybrid who made me sweaty. Work meh but nearly over the hump.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Struggling to keep up Seano or just getting over excited by the view?
    In the office for a few hours, plenty to do and minimal spreadsheetage. Only had 2 cups of tea so far and one chocolate chip muffin.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Work meh indeed, left home before 6 which feels wrong

Meant to be back before you for the mother in laws birthday, might be a challenge
  • sungod
    upon seeing it has rained decided to skip office and work from home, i.e. off to the cafe
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Correction:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Slightly over dressed this morning and had my gentle pootle into work spoiled by a hybrid on a ladies bicycle who made me sweaty.

Morning nork supports and jock straps

Just recharging batteries after wall removal and wheel barrow duties yesterday.

Me playing Daddy today and doing chores me. Weather is stunning but I bet pedalling plans tomorrow will be scuppered by a sudden change in weather only 'cos I planned to go for a long pedal. Usually happens.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Big news...it rained last last night :shock:

I got up at four to see it, it was...well you know all about rain :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Up early (for me) for yoga this am. More gazing at form fitting lycra than any sportive you'd care to mention. Plus it's great fun and frikking hard (the yoga, that is).

Gentle pootle to work, long shower then lunch with a mate later.
  • Day off to decorate today.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Redbaron1
    Redbaron1 Posts: 116
    Wife's birthday so sat outside the doctors in the sun in skipton waiting for her and the mother in law. Coffee in hand. Took her for breakfast sat "billy bobs" then off to Harrogate later for tea at Betty's.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Back from postprandial stroll round the block this evening. Quite pleasant out there, with added bonus I am away from the background television noise.

Actually rode a bike today. Not very far, and not at all fast, but enough to warrant looking the part of MAMIL. Sidi and Assos got an airing from the cupboard for the first time in a (long) while. Had to stop for coffee and cake too, double bonus.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    Woken before 6am by rain that wasn't forecast - again. Quick rejig of cycling kit all that was needed and then it stopped 10 minutes after I left. Ho hum.

Now trying to sort out a delivery that hasn't turned up from a bike kit supplier and they're not answering phone or replying to emails. PITA.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Woooo, pub lunch!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Day off to decorate today.

Booked a couple of days off at half term for that :(
  • I've also booked half term off, to go to Italy for the week.

No bikes though but maybe a spot of fishing as the lake seems to fish better in the cooler months.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Trip to El Doctoro this morning, been diagnosed with a sinus infection and likely eye strain, so back to work in a brightly lit office with sun in my eyes and two large computer monitors, just what I was advised when he said "avoid bright lights".
    Meh super dull day no rain here though still waiting on it.
  • pinno
    Back from postprandial stroll round the block this evening. Quite pleasant out there, with added bonus I am away from the background television noise.

Actually rode a bike today. Not very far, and not at all fast, but enough to warrant looking the part of MAMIL. Sidi and Assos got an airing from the cupboard for the first time in a (long) while. Had to stop for coffee and cake too, double bonus.

If you aren't going to do many miles, it's pointless having Assos clothing - you may as well give it to me.
    No bikes though but maybe a spot of fishing as the lake seems to fish better in the cooler months.

Well of course, fish are cold blooded and try to keep cool in summer so they swim deeper and in colder weather nearer the surface to warm up. Do you ever actually catch any fish ? :roll:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    So Corrigan had a hard morning,

SG and Sean are as normal, V68 changed from biscuits to muffins. Redbaron likes Betty's tea (maybe his wife's too). HD said he was decorating but actually seems to be getting drunk, eating and booking a holiday

Didn't read Pinno's posts.

Anyway busy day chasing my tail, house viewing later, oh what joy, then a lecture by Brian Cox, hopefully something more in tune with with his Radio 4 show Infinite monkey cage than a PhD lecture.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • @ Ponni, yes lots actually.

Fish are still there in summer but seem lathargic. In some respects you're wrong as most coarse fish have no stomach, just an intestinal tract so can't digest food in colder temperatures.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    @ Ponni, yes lots actually.

Fish are still there in summer but seem lathargic. In some respects you're wrong as most coarse fish have no stomach, just an intestinal tract so can't digest food in colder temperatures.

I didn't contradict that and I don't do Coarse fishing anyway so wouldn't have a clue - dry fly on a floating line only. Fishing season ends 31st of October (in the UK). April and May plus September and October are the best months fishing (for me anyway, when I used to fish. That is, before I had kids, when I had time before kids. Did I mention kids?).
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Didn't read Pinno's posts.

I didn't read your post either. B4stard.

Come back and tell me Brian Cox knows more than me and i'll let you off. Until he decides that Big Bang is only a theory, you can listen to me instead and i'll not charge you for it either.
  • Redbaron1
    Betty's was good, now in pub drinking my way through the local ales and got corned beef pie coming. The Mrs is halfway through a bottle of prosecco. Drive back south tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Did Betty have a child and did the child go wild?
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Did Betty have a child and did the child go wild?

whoa!
  • Redbaron1
    Dunno about that but she's got bangin tarts and don't get me started on her muffin
  • pinno
    Redbaron1 wrote:
    Dunno about that but she's got bangin tarts and don't get me started on her muffin

Lol.

Reminds me of that line (in deepest darkest right t Yorkshire accent):

"More tea Vicar?"
    "Aw noo thanks, i've bin stuffin' tarts all afternoon".