Choice of 3 road bikes Ridley/Bianchi / Merida

timboellis
timboellis Posts: 223
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
I am off to look at a few bikes at the weekend just wondering what the general feedback are on these as not knowing them exactly myself, just that these are in bike shops so would be able to get fitted at the same time.

Ridley Orion(used and upgraded) , Bianchi Intrepida 2016 model or a Merida Scultura.

Forgetting about the kit thats on them as that not a deciding factor for me but i am happy with what is on them.

I want a bike that is comfy / light / able to do 20-50 miles and sportive riding, not too fussed on full on sport bike down on the drops etc.

Thanks

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    For the use you describe the Intrepida sounds like the one as it has more relaxed endurance geometry. The Scultura is a race bike. Orion I think is halfway between a race bike and endurance geometry.

Kind of depends if they're the right size for you though, really.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    The Merida Scultura sits between the Merida Reacto (full on race/triathlon) and the Merida Ride (sportive) bikes. The Scultura is a more relaxed riding position than full on race and preferred for mountain stages and cobbles being lightweight and able to soak up some of the bumps. But, if you really want a relaxed ride, don't discount the Merida Ride which is available in aluminium and carbon frames. I bought a Ride 400 as a winter trainer/turbo bike and it is extremely well made and comfortable. Groupsets range from Ultegra down (I stripped mine down to fit SRAM components) but the equipment levels v price is very good. Merida make Specialized frames (being a major share holder) and frames for other manufacturers. They are only surpassed in terms of numbers by Giant. Their plant is like a mini city.

http://www.merida-bikes.com/en_gb/bikes ... inder.html
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.