Canyon Delivery Dates

msp1
msp1 Posts: 59
edited February 2017 in MTB general
I know there were issues with Canyon's delivery dates but wondered if things have improved of late.
I placed an order 26/9/16
Confirmed delivery date 10/10/16 to 14/10/16
Revised delivery date (1) week commencing 24/10/16.

If you have bought a Canyon in the last six months I'm keen to hear what your lead time was. The bike I've ordered is "in stock" but having chatted and emailed customer service they haven't inspired me with confidence that the bike will arrive on the revised date.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    My mate got his only a couple days late. Only problem is he was stupid enough to buy one with the shapeshifter jobby which is guaranteed to fail.
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    My other half's was bang on the expected date having ordered from in stock... I'm sure there are plenty of conflicting reports but think their new facility is up and running as they hoped it would be...
  • msp1
    Thanks both for your replies. I was daft enough to go for the shapeshifter :oops: Fingers crossed that I don't get another amended delivery date for a bike that is in stock :?:
  • msp1 wrote:
    I know there were issues with Canyon's delivery dates but wondered if things have improved of late.
    I placed an order 26/9/16
    Confirmed delivery date 10/10/16 to 14/10/16
    Revised delivery date (1) week commencing 24/10/16.

If you have bought a Canyon in the last six months I'm keen to hear what your lead time was. The bike I've ordered is "in stock" but having chatted and emailed customer service they haven't inspired me with confidence that the bike will arrive on the revised date.

I ordered the same date as you, had the same estimated delivery week (this week). Just spoken to them and they reckon it'll ship next week although the estimate is showing WC 24th.

They had their annual stock take last week.
  • Ordered on the 6/8/16 and the provisional delivery date was 24-30th of September. Now it's been delayed 3 times and the delivery date is now 31/10/16 to the 4th of November.
  • msp1
    Can I ask what you ordered and is it a stock item?
  • It was a nerve al 6.0, when I ordered it was due to ship 24-30th September.
  • msp1
    The Nerve is shown as Sold out on their site.
  • I unfortunately had a warranty replacement that got stuck in the complete debacle that happened last year. I would hope that has all been sorted out, although by April this year when I finally threatened them with the sale of goods act it hadn't.

However, there are a couple of lessons I learnt:

1. The UK operation really doesn't know what is going on in Germany, the communication if very poor so anything you get told may or may not be true. There is no way of contacting Germany.
    2. They do have an annual stock take but don't seem to factor that in and it does appear to cause a full close down for at least a week. This was the excuse they used last year until they finally admitted they had screwed everything up.
    3. Canyon have a very laissez-faire attitude towards customers and keeping them informed so all you can do is email them every week and try to get an update. Do it by email so you have a history.

I have to say as both times my bike was delivered to me in badly damaged boxes which are not up to the task. Also both times I had to do significant changes to the setup as they had misaligned the gears. Following the warranty they decided that it 'looked better' with my headset spacers on top of the stem. They also broke the barrel adjuster on the front derailleur, none of which they seemed to check before shipping it.

I love my Canyon, it's a great ride but the company has very bad customer service and is 'economical' with the truth. So I won't by another one.
  • msp1
    Only just saw this article. As the bike I've ordered is a stock item I assume it's waiting in that massive warehouse. How frustrating considering most companies ship stock items same day,

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/c ... cle-47248/
  • msp1 wrote:
    Only just saw this article. As the bike I've ordered is a stock item I assume it's waiting in that massive warehouse. How frustrating considering most companies ship stock items same day,

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/c ... cle-47248/

From "stock" doesn't mean it's sitting there ready to ship. It has to go along the production line and be built and signed off after safety checks. Then it sits around till it gets booked on UPS delivery.

Still waiting for my tracking info...
  • msp1
    :D Just had an email, it's on its way :D
  • msp1 wrote:
    :D Just had an email, it's on its way :D

WOOP!!! Hopefully I'll get my email shortly!
  • My nerve has been shipped today, 8)
  • msp1
    Great news.

Ups were due to deliver mine today but now delayed till tomorrow. Looks like I'll be at Afan on the weekend. :D
  • Mine was shipped tuesday and arrived yesterday!
  • Dizeee
    Dizeee Posts: 337
    So... I just bought a bike from the Outlet. Well, I say bought, I am yet to pay for it, but I have purchased it and it has been removed from the Outlet. It was too good a bargain to let go.

Am I right in thinking that outlet bikes are ready to go and will be shipped pretty sharpish?
  • gpetrie
    gpetrie Posts: 29
    I ordered mine on 10th October & it was delivered by UPS on 21st October (that was for a Road Bike)
  • I bought mine late september. It arrived on time, even earlier than expected
    It's a Ciclocross Inflite, I payed by tranfsfer, once I did the transfer the bike arrived madrid in just 2 weeks,
    best luk!
  • Dizeee
    Dizeee Posts: 337
    Well the Endurace AL disc in red is all the bike I need, I went to buy it and unlike the outlet bikes I see it says available from May. I take this in Canyon language to be end of Summer.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They've sorted out their unreliable deliveries now. You should get it close to when they say.
    Their customer service is apparently terrible now though.
  • mdubz
    mdubz Posts: 5
    nope, it's still not good. I was supposed to get a bike delivered last week (according to the order sheet): it hasn't even gone in for build yet..
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    In the leg shaving forums there are a number of recent issues with Canyon's 'delivery' (or otherwise).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mdubz
    mdubz Posts: 5
    MDUBZ wrote:
    nope, it's still not good. I was supposed to get a bike delivered last week (according to the order sheet): it hasn't even gone in for build yet..

update: UK customer service chased and it was delivered a week later. result, and it's a beast: love it!!!

however, it wasn't delivered to the delivery address but the billing address. So instead of it arriving at my place of work as requested, i arrived home to an angry missus. I was hoping to get it delivered to work and sneak it into the garage undetected :roll: