FD Cage rubbing

grenw
grenw Posts: 804
edited October 2016 in Workshop
My wife has a new Canyon with a Ultegra Di2 front derailleur that I'm having to tweak but I've only ever had to re-index read gears so need a bit of guidance.

Initially there were 2 problems...

Firstly the chain rubbed on the inside edge of cage furthest from the bike (if that makes sense?) when in the big ring and any of the largest 5 cogs out back. I solved this by using the Di2 micro-adustment and moved the cage outwards as far as it can go. NO rubbing now.

Secondly (and unchanged with the micro adjustment above) the chain rubs on the edge of the cage closest to the bike when in lowest gear (inner ring and biggest cog). I'm not sure how to resolve this one. Is it one for adjusting the low limiter screw to allow the cage to move further towards the bike?

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yes - the limit screw should solve this. Check that the FD is parallel with the chain too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Tiniest of turns seems to have done the trick. Works silently on the workstand. Will have to get her to test it properly now.

Thanks!

Works perfect now. Silent. Thanks MRS