sunday, she pulled out all she had and laid it on the counter showin'

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,551
edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

looks like a nippy start, but brighter than yesterday, off for a ride and many espressos

later will be salmon chunks in a miso broth with chopped chillis and spring onions, accompanied by rice noodles, broccolli and much slurping
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a bright and cool start here today, the only trouble being I am at work
    the Salmon sounds nice Sungod, roast chicken for me when I get home, which will be some time this evening
    have a nice day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Back home after a night away with friends

Chilling with the kids and tea whilst the wife sorts breakfast

Lots of painting needs to be done and could do with cleaning cars and my mtb after a great ride at Llandegla

Later will be the pub
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Finished painting some recently installed trim plaster work. Started work on the last piece of finishing detail trim to be done in the whole interior of this #^&*@^(@#^)!*% house. Hopefully tomorrow will get that ready to fit, then paint, and the place will be DONE. Never again.

Few exterior jobs still to be done, but may pay someone for those. Too hard, given current work pace capability, will be another 5 years before it's finished if I try and do them. Just want to get it on the market to sell and move on.

Dinner was a fine green curry chicken.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning all,
    Reasonably slow start has ended as the wife's nephew is coming over with wife and kids so we are trying to childproof the house, long time since we've had to do that. Later may involve pub.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Is there anything 'child proof' ?

Morning Nork supports

Went out on a 2 hour ride last night and feeling it today. Sat here enviously looking at pedalling potential in the clear blue skies and no wind, toots in hand.

Off to soft play area and flirt with foxy waitress. Knowing my luck, she'll be away on leave or something.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Pinno wrote:
    Is there anything 'child proof'
    Not really, I just lifted anything of interest to a height greater than 4' off the floor.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Pinno wrote:
    Sure, if you dress them appropriately

Not too much on today, may go for a run later. But time for Waitrose and coffee shortly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Skirting, silicon, screws, tip, screwfix, wine.

That sums up today
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Skirting, silicon, screws, tip, screwfix, wine.

That sums up today

I'd like to be at that point. Supporting wall coming out tomorrow. Chemical DPC wasn't the best option but at least i'll be able to throw some French doors in.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIsiDWab_isouvUwyr49iRZICf_PS7zeX6f80rI44vZyaR1Jg7&usqp=CAE
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I built a logstore. It will last longer than the Roman Empire.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    A hangover to begin the day which improved with a cracking early morning ride followed by a meagre but relaxing day of consumption.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:

With a Stoat flap I hope. There was a reason the Romans built a wall and that reason might also be the downfall of your log store.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Well thats me all packed. Up at 3ish for trip to Portugal for a week. :D
    Play nice. :wink:
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Well thats me all packed. Up at 3ish for trip to Portugal for a week. :D
    Play nice. :wink:

To see T47? Be afraid, be very afraid.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

With a Stoat flap I hope. There was a reason the Romans built a wall and that reason might also be the downfall of your log store.

Now I just need to work out how many logs it will hold. Where's my abacus?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Now I just need to work out how many logs it will hold. Where's my abacus?

How do you convert metres cubed from far Eastern base 8 or are you going for the Roman Abacus base 10?
  • I have some French doors I'd be willing to let go for a song. Only a double though, none of those fancy side bits.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Pinno wrote:
    Found out yesterday that plaster board certainly isn't child proof. Figuring out how to repair a child's knee sized hole in one of my walls today :?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Found out yesterday that plaster board certainly isn't child proof. Figuring out how to repair a child's knee sized hole in one of my walls today :?
    See my solution above Seano.

That said, it has to be easier than dog-proofing. The furry fecker gnawed through the power cable of my work laptop over the weekend - luckily it wasn't plugged in at the time. IT had a good laugh when I told them why I needed a new one :oops:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I have some French doors I'd be willing to let go for a song. Only a double though, none of those fancy side bits.

Have you got any pics/dimensions? I would take them off you and purchase the side bits separately.
  • seanoconn
    I have a c ock complete with fancy side balls that you can have for a pony?
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

I have a mitre saw which will make you into a Lady boy pdq that I can do for nothing.
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I have a mitre saw which will make you into a Lady boy pdq that I can do for nothing.
    So that's a no then.