La passione rule 9 v castelli perfetto v alternative short sleeved

xixang
xixang Posts: 235
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying the rule 9 jersey but also got the perfetto on my list. Does anyone have any experience of either/both? Or know of good alternatives? Please don't say gabba - has a long sleeved one and was not impressed. Didn't seem to repel water at all so I bouGHT an alpha jersey (which I love and works far better than the gabba ever did) and flogged it.

Comments

• I have a perfetto and an alpha. The perfetto seems to be the same outer fabric as the alpha, but without the Roubaix style lining or inner waist coat bit. I get on quite well with it, and is also good on cold days with a merino base.

Be careful with sizing though, its not the same cut as the alpha.
  • xixang
    xixang Posts: 235

Smaller or larger? I have a med alpha and it's not too tight so if the perfetto is smaller a med might be about right
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I've got a perfetto, a gabba, stolen goat orkan and a mossa. The perfetto is a great jersey, I prefer to the gabba, IMHO it's as water resistant but is more breathable than the gabba. Ultimately it will let some water through if you're out all day in the rain in it, but not enough to make you wet. Which if you're working hard is fine as you'll be sweating anyway, and if you're not working hard then a rain jacket is always a better option.

The stolen goat orkan I've been very impressed with. I've only had for a couple of weeks so have yet to test it in the wet but riding it in the dry it seems very breathable, if it's genuinely waterproof as claimed then it's going to top the perfetto. There doesn't seem to be any compromises in breathability between the two. The accompanying bibs are also really nice, great shoulder gear as they are slightly thicker than normal summer bibs.

Mossa is another great piece of kit. I've had it out in shower weather and it genuinely shrugs off water. It runs a smidge warmer than the stolen goat or perfetto but is pretty breathable. The cut doesn't fit me as well as the other options which is the only real drawback to it, hence it sees less use.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    I like the Perfetto and use it more than the Gabba, The stolen goat sizes very small. I don't like it because the zip lets in all the cold air which defeats the purpose of the jersey.
    maybe this one from Vulpine, I have not tried it
    http://www.vulpine.cc/uk/mens/hoy-vulpi ... rm-warmers
  • xixang wrote:

Smaller or larger? I have a med alpha and it's not too tight so if the perfetto is smaller a med might be about right

The perfetto is larger, my xl alpha and l perfetto have the same width shoulders and chest, though the perfetto is an inch narrower around the waist as it tapers in quickly. Have a look at bender's review thread, lots of detail in there.