sungod Posts: 16,554
edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off for a ride, followed by shopping and laziness
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Day 2 of a stinking cold, exacerbated by a bunch of foxes right outside our house screaming at each other at 4am. Will mope around the house for the day.
  • Decorating, self level screed, skirting, saw, hammer etc etc...

Meh.

Put the fire on though to cure the paint.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    grrr, shitheadmingemops have been throwing bottles in road, both tyres cut, one punctured

a gloomygrey ride, only another 8-9 months until it warms up again, definitely need a holiday
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    sungod wrote:
    grrr, shitheadmingemops have been throwing bottles in road, both tyres cut, one punctured

a gloomygrey ride, only another 8-9 months until it warms up again, definitely need a holiday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Chores am, chilling pm, maybe a ride, curry with friends this evening.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • exacerbated by a bunch of foxes right outside our house screaming at each other at 4am.

Any experts on foxes? is it mating season?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    exacerbated by a bunch of foxes right outside our house screaming at each other at 4am.

Any experts on foxes? is it mating season?

If that Heida Reed is sniffing proper, i'll pay her a visit.

Onions HD - rough chop a load up and leave them on a plate in a room where you've been glossing and shut the windows and doors. Or, a rag with some Vinegar on it wiped gently on the surface of the gloss paint.

Me toots watching me. Nose is producing epic quantities of green stuff. Probably not endearing to Heida.

Laters walk and flowers for a particular gravestone. Maybe even a pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

I have a pair of Michelin Pro 3's in vgc going cheap if you want them. Low mileage. 1 careful owner from new. 25 cushty millimetres. Black with white writing - none of that retro off white combo sh1t.
  • sungod
    thanks, but i have a big pile of veloflex tubs, ranging from new and ageing in the dark, to used repaired/awaiting repair, when i get really really really really really really bored, i repair them, probably should take into the office to do during meetings :)

annoying thing is these two were the much hyped vittoria corsa g+ graphene ones, lovely ride but seem to cut easier in the wet than the old fashioned veloflex
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    thanks, but i have a big pile of veloflex tubs, ranging from new and ageing in the dark, to used repaired/awaiting repair, when i get really really really really really really bored, i repair them, probably should take into the office to do during meetings :)

Good idea.
    sungod wrote:
    annoying thing is these two were the much hyped vittoria corsa g+ graphene ones, lovely ride but seem to cut easier in the wet than the old fashioned veloflex

Hmm, surprising - and expensive. Though glass isn't your standard road debris is it? I moved over to Vittoria Open Pave's. Love them to bits. No punctures since swapping over (Feb on the winter bike, late March on the summer one).
    When my current set of wheels finally give up the ghost, I just might be tempted to go for tubs...
  • Pinno wrote:

Onions HD - rough chop a load up and leave them on a plate in a room where you've been glossing and shut the windows and doors. Or, a rag with some Vinegar on it wiped gently on the surface of the gloss paint

I meant curing the paint on the wood burner, it's been painted with high temp stuff which hardens when the fires been on.

But thanks for the tip.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Any experts on foxes?
    I used to be, but I'm more of a dog expert now.

Afternoon, busy day of chores and buying stuff. Now waiting to get scalped down at the barbers.

What time is the footy on?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Onions HD - rough chop a load up and leave them on a plate in a room where you've been glossing and shut the windows and doors. Or, a rag with some Vinegar on it wiped gently on the surface of the gloss paint

I meant curing the paint on the wood burner, it's been painted with high temp stuff which hardens when the fires been on.

But thanks for the tip.

Oh soz HD. I just use stove black - available from all good DIY shops. It'll go dull after a while. Unless you went for a grey?! I bet it stinks nonetheless.

s-l225.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Evening all,
    Day of pottering and doing bits and bobs, nice and chilled as a Saturday should be.
  • pinno
    Tortilla wraps for me. Can't wait.

Might pedal tonight. I'm gagging for a pedal. It's gone beyond want, it's now need.