CAAD12 Ultegra

dazz_ni45
dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
edited November 2016 in Your road bikes
Picked this up a few weeks ago. Was after a good winter trainer (when full guards aren't needed) and a crit bike for the summer when I don't want to risk the supersix hi-mod. Was originally just going to go for the 105 version, but the crankset and colour of the ultegra version won it for me.

Used to have a CAAD10 and I have to say, the CAAD12 is much more comfortable and I'm very impressed so far.

IMG_8313_zpsyhhe67nd.jpg

Comments

• Tidy, would be happy with that all year round.
    “Jij bent niet van suiker gemaakt”
  • evodeda
    evodeda Posts: 33
    That looks great, I'm loving the colour of these latest CAAD's!

How does it ride compared to the Supersix as the geometry is pretty much the same..?
  • dazz_ni45
    The supersix feels that bit more eager and nimble although I've yet to really put the caad through its paces and I've only ridden the caad with ksyrium elites versus the supersix with full carbon Reynolds.

I'm surprised how light the caad12 is and it makes my synapse feel a bit porky so it may get a trip to Majorca next year instead of the synapse.
  • That's nice. I bought a CAAD12 disc frame in the Sigma sale. Which I'm currently building up with Dura Ace di2.
  • pedrojake
    pedrojake Posts: 229
    Told you another Cannondale was on its way...!
    Very nice lad, enjoy
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    dazz_ni45 wrote:
    The supersix feels that bit more eager and nimble although I've yet to really put the caad through its paces and I've only ridden the caad with ksyrium elites versus the supersix with full carbon Reynolds.

I'm surprised how light the caad12 is and it makes my synapse feel a bit porky so it may get a trip to Majorca next year instead of the synapse.

You really like your Dales!

What Synapse do you have?

Never really ridden a Caad, though my bro rides a Caad 3 which he had from new.
    Like the look of your 12.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • dazz_ni45
    PedroJake wrote:
    Told you another Cannondale was on its way...!
    Very nice lad, enjoy

Had to be done lol
  • dazz_ni45
    Daniel B wrote:
    dazz_ni45 wrote:

The geometry of the cannondales just seem to suit me plus they are great value for money.

I have a carbon synapse and alloy synapse for winter duties viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038723&start=20

Really impressed by the 12. Had a 10 and didn't really like it but so far so good with the 12.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Very nice bike, as mentioned Cannondale are on the money with their colourways lately
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    dazz_ni45 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    dazz_ni45 wrote:

The geometry of the cannondales just seem to suit me plus they are great value for money.

I have a carbon synapse and alloy synapse for winter duties viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038723&start=20

Really impressed by the 12. Had a 10 and didn't really like it but so far so good with the 12.

Lovely looking bikes Dazz, I too have an alloy one as a winter bike, and carbon one for summer!

Out of interest here, as i feel it matches my shape very well, do you have comparitively long legs compared to your torso length?
    I'm 5ft 10, but have a 34" inseam, where as I believe a larger proportion of men who are 5ft 10, would have slightly shorter legs, and a consequently a longer torso.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    dazz_ni45 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    dazz_ni45 wrote:

Lovely looking bikes Dazz, I too have an alloy one as a winter bike, and carbon one for summer!

Out of interest here, as i feel it matches my shape very well, do you have comparitively long legs compared to your torso length?
    I'm 5ft 10, but have a 34" inseam, where as I believe a larger proportion of men who are 5ft 10, would have slightly shorter legs, and a consequently a longer torso.

Sorry Daniel, just seeing your post now. I'm 6ft on the button and I have about a 32/33" inseam.