Tyres for Genesis datum 10

Cheeseybof
Cheeseybof Posts: 5
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Genesis Datum 10 and absolutely love, such a big improvement on my last bike. Unfortunately I got my first puncture at the weekend which was caused significant damage to the tyre meaning I need to get a new one.
The tyres it came with were the challenge strada bianca plus (700 x 33c) and I was happy with those until this puncture (caused by a small sharp piece of flint or similar) as they had been fast and grippy on the light off-road as well as on road. However, the puncture protection needs improvement.
I would like some suggestions on replacements for these. I commute on the bike and do other leisure rides and plan to do sportives when I get my fitness back up to scratch. I'd say about a third of my ride is off-road (stoney cycle paths, parkland, light gravel etc) with the rest of it being on road. I'm looking at the Schwalbe G-one (although I cannot run tubeless yet so it would be ran as a clincher which I'm told is possible but again any advice on this is appreciated) as it seems to fit my purposes. Any other advice or suggestion would be appreciated. I want to keep the bike fast but have better protection that the current tyres offered.

Thanks

Comments