Leg fatigue

St50vec
St50vec Posts: 57
edited October 2016 in Road beginners
Hi all just wondering if anyone else has suffered from this. Basically I'm new to cycling and generally only get to ride on a weekend where I do a 24 mile ride. I've noticed that during the ride if I stop for any reason my legs go they can be feeling absolutely fine until I stop when after that I don't seem to be able to get anything out of them to the point where I need to keep stopping. Any ideas? Andy

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    most likely is lack of fitness/endurance, your body needs to get used to cycling

if you've only just started, common advice is to start with distance/effort you can handle without issue, then increase maybe 10% each week
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Jerry185
    Jerry185 Posts: 143
    Lactic build up in the legs; depending on your fitness, it can then take a while to dissipate.
    ^what Sungod said
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    St50vec wrote:
    if I stop for any reason my legs go they can be feeling absolutely fine until I stop when after that I don't seem to be able to get anything out of them....

Don't stop :lol::lol:
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • St50vec
    St50vec Posts: 57
    That is going to be my future plan although sometimes have to with all the tractors etc around at the moment.