thursday, up walked a baptist preachin' southern funky school teacher

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,551
edited October 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, webex, cafe, emails, stuff, the days are becoming a blur, or should that be a blah?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

gym, webex, cafe, emails, stuff, the days are becoming a blur, or should that be a blah?
    Same for me, apart from gym, webex and cafe. 'kin train cancelled this morning but still managed to bag a seat on the next one so maybe its not going to be 'one of those days'.

Got a corporate freebie tonight so will get fed and watered quite nicely thank you.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo, fat cat with snout in the trough?
    Or is that mixing metaphors? :?
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I'm just waiting for someone to call you a bigot for being cattist or piggist.

As to whether the metaphor is accurate, you'll need to define 'fat'. Preferably before tonight's freebie :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    a long long time ago, in the previous century, i wangled a double-sided printing postscript printer to go on the network so that i could print nice documents formatted with troff etc., it was quite large, well, really it was huge

i named it fatcat :)
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I'm just waiting for someone to call you a bigot for being cattist or piggist.

As to whether the metaphor is accurate, you'll need to define 'fat'. Preferably before tonight's freebie :)

No doubt it's a label that will dog me. Life's a b1tch!
    I do attract my lion's share of flak though but I suppose a leopard can't change his spots.
    I will just have to grin and bear it I suppose.
  • sungod
    oh deer

wtf someone's just fired up a chainsaw outside and is lopping bits off small trees, reeks of exhaust fumes too, time to head to the cafe i think
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    They shoot the deer in Bushy Park as using chainsaws tends to scare them off. Lots of people waiting for the gates to be unlocked as I rode past this morning. Busy start to the day but I seem to have done the urgent stuff so will slack for a while now. Thursday morning hangover is lurking in the background but not too bad, more beers tonight.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Buenos Dias

Woke up, throat felt like I'd gargled razor blades last night (was merely a bloody excellent pie and a few pints - the Windmill in Mayfair if you are ever in need of pie) so binned the planned ride out to the sticks. Will plough through more of my gardening leave job list instead. My life rocks......

Oh, more beer planned for tonight. Gotta top up the calorie intake.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They shoot the deer in Bushy Park as using chainsaws tends to scare them off. Lots of people waiting for the gates to be unlocked as I rode past this morning. Busy start to the day but I seem to have done the urgent stuff so will slack for a while now. Thursday morning hangover is lurking in the background but not too bad, more beers tonight.
    Onwards and upwards...

I now have a mental image of park rangers running round chasing deer with chainsaws shouting "don't run!"

Thursgay has arrived which means the management level in the building has dropped by around 90% ready for their 1PM finish tomorrow (to stressful doing full days work when you sit scrolling facebook and having "meetings").
    Must be something in the air I woke up with a throat like someones been using a hedgehog as a bog brush down it so I've manned up with enough throat sweets to knock someone into a diabetic coma. Onward an toward coffee!
  • Hmmmm, thought I'd replied here already...

Oh well, it was dark at 6.45am so early morning rides are on their way out now, not that I've dome much in the last month.

A box of inner tubes arrived today along with a jacket the size of an innertube, motivation for next winter I suppose as it's as tight as a drum.

Onwards to decorating etc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Pretty warm day. Visited beachside cafe this morning. Location: 9/10. Coffee: 4/10. Next!

Some house chores this arvo of a minor nature. Turbo session with replacement saddle installed so now at least I don't get numb bits after 30 minutes on the thing, just bored. Still need to adjust gearing (SS).

Second walk this evening, still almost 20 deg C at 10pm, with light breeze. Niiiiiiiiiiiiice...

Nightcap calls I think.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • I've just filled in the second "contractors assessment questionaire" today. Why cant they simplify all 9 squillion questions down to one simple one.

1/ Are you going to do the job we ask of you? . YES/NO
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Long day of work meh improved by the pub and starting a war between the builders and plumbers
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    I've just filled in the second "contractors assessment questionaire" today. Why cant they simplify all 9 squillion questions down to one simple one.

Just sub-contract it out with a tidy profit and pedal more. What's the matter with you man?

Gorgeous weather. No pedalling till tomorrow between one meeting in the morning and dentist in the afternoon. Sigh. Been working on PPP.

What's with the animal references Bally?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    No dinner in the oven when I get home so I had to go large on the canapés. Luckily the girls serving them were very tidy so it was a bit of a win win situation :twisted: Free wine was a bonus, the only price to pay was looking around some poncey art collection.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    I've just filled in the second "contractors assessment questionaire" today. Why cant they simplify all 9 squillion questions down to one simple one.

Just sub-contract it out with a tidy profit and pedal more. What's the matter with you man?

Gorgeous weather. No pedalling till tomorrow between one meeting in the morning and dentist in the afternoon. Sigh. Been working on PPP.

What's with the animal references Bally?

Laters.

Just took inspiration from Stevo warning that I may be catist or pigist
  • Stevo_666
    Or Pinnoist for that matter.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Pinnoist'! Hmm...
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Pinnoist'! Hmm...
    Although to be fair, lot of us are probably politically correct twattist.
  • pinno
    Pinnoism...Pinnorology... It's developing into a cult.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinnoism...Pinnorology... It's developing into a cult.

Typo?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Pinnoist'! Hmm...
    Although to be fair, lot of us are probably politically correct twattist.

That silly issue aside - as if categorising potential immigrants is either bigoted or negatively discriminatory (you see the converse immediately, i'm sure), the Economist article is very good. Read it during your lunch hour tomorrow. I doubt you'll feel hungry after the indigestion caused by the sea food based Canape's that you ate anyway.

No Bally. No 'n' in cult.