AMP research f3 xc

fat daddy
fat daddy Posts: 2,605
edited October 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a '98 (I think) Klein Attitude Comp that I am considering rebuilding.

The purists will want me to keep it as stock at possible, but screw them I want a 1x11 :D

But the issue I have is the forks, they are the above mentioned amp research, F3 XC ... as much as I could swap them out for a heavy set of modern forks, I kind of like F3s, they handle like a rigid, until you hit the bump and you get enough give to soak it up .. and they weigh nothing !

Does anyone know where I can get parts to service one of these forks, my internet skills are weak and it seems a shame to swap them for a new set of forks as these really do lend themselves to the weight weenieness of the bike and its sublime tight handling

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    There's probably an expert to ask on www.retrobike.co.uk
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yakboy
    Yakboy Posts: 55
    You will struggle to get parts anymore to service the forks (I know as I have F1 forks). There is actually very little to service just the plastic washer things. A good strip and re-grease is all they usually need. Post some piccies so I can see what state it's in. But Retrobike is a great source of info and a friendly bunch too.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    thanks, will do, I'll get some pics tonight.

the forks are in excellent condition for the age to be fair, the spring is still nice and painted green with no corrosion, there is no pitting, obviously the array of stone chips .... the only thing that is amis is there are few broken plastic washers... I assume, if I measure these I could probably find similar on ebay ?