Ship over? or Sell and Buy?

AllAboutGuitar
AllAboutGuitar Posts: 47
edited October 2016 in MTB general
Hey everyone,

Just want to start with, I am in the best mood I've been in over a month. Didn't have the best few weeks, got to a very low point in my life. Not the best information to tell total strangers on a biking forum but ah well, if you knew me personally you'd know I can be like that and randomly let stuff out.

Anyway, I'm in a good mood because I currently have plans to go to Canada on a working holiday next June and be gone for two years, possibly not come back and apply for permanent residency. I currently live in Lincolnshire, England.

My bike is a 2015? (Might be 2014, I can't remember) Voodoo Canzo 27.5" Full Suspension. It's a great bike, had a lot of fun on it but still there could be improvements. Being gone for two years+ without my bike will be quite annoying because I hope to go to the Olympic Park in Calgary and Whistler Bike Park mainly, just thinking will it be best to ship the bike over, or sell mine here and buy a new one over there so I don't have to deal with all the shipping arrangements, thinking in the long term it would be easier to sell and buy but has anyone ever done a similar thing and what are some pointers?

Thanks

Josh

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'd sell and get a Santa Cruz 5010 or something similar at $ prices.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    You'll find great deals on bikes over there so don't bother,
    Good luck!
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut