Best Road Bike for $1800-2300 USD? Help!

Mattymurda
Mattymurda Posts: 3
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi Everyone,

First post here... I've combed the forum and reviewed previous threads with similar titles/themes from the last 3 years but I'd really like your input as we head into 2017 as there are likely many more options to choose from at this price point.

I currently ride a 2013 Orbea Orca Bronze with SRAM Rival & Dura Ace c24 wheelset. Plan to move this wheelset over to the new bike, so I want my money to go to the frame & groupset! Here are the decisions I'm currently struggling with:

#1. Rose Xeon CRS - I've fallen in love with the white paint scheme, but they are literally almost sold out and a sales rep there told me the Xeon is going to be discontinued. All this means is I'll have to make the purchase a little sooner than I'd like, and the shipping from Germany is $320 euros which seems crazy steep. Still, for about $2200 USD total (no VAT), with full SRAM Force and quite a light/stiff frame, this seems like a top option.

#2. Viner Mitus (Planet X)
- I definitely have concerns based on people's reviews, but this seems to be a hell of a lot of bike for the money. Even if the frame isn't super stiff, it's specced incredibly light. I'd just be worried about build quality.

#3. Snag a Tarmac Comp off of eBay or Craigslist, but I feel like this will be left purely to chance in finding something I like for a good price. Cervelo R3's look pretty sweet as well but tough to find a 2016 for less than $3000.

Everything I can find at my LBS is significantly higher priced, and although I would love to support a local business, I just don't know that it's worth paying $3000+ for the same type of product I can get for $1000 less online.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Comments