Zwift Racing

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
Just finished the P race.
I'm getting converted... using my freebie Strava weeks .. after a week of pretty much Zone 2 commuting... it makes a change to race 90 minutes in Zones 3 - 7 . not pleasant, but a change... it' s about as much as I can cope with though...

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I didn't understand word of that (newbie) ..... but. Sunday morning I was delighting in an early morning session around London, when the KISS race started up and came past me

obviously the first guy past was an "A" group rider ..... but crap on a stick, the speed he went past, I thought I was making progress doing 3.1wkg ..... he past me doing 4.8 to 5.6 wkg .... that's me practically sprinting, how on earth do people manage to hold that on the flat for so long !

eventually the "C"s caught me up .... I could hang in the draft :D

It was humbling to just how rubbish I am
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    fat daddy wrote:
    I didn't understand word of that (newbie) ..... but. Sunday morning I was delighting in an early morning session around London, when the KISS race started up and came past me

obviously the first guy past was an "A" group rider ..... but crap on a stick, the speed he went past, I thought I was making progress doing 3.1wkg ..... he past me doing 4.8 to 5.6 wkg .... that's me practically sprinting, how on earth do people manage to hold that on the flat for so long !

eventually the "C"s caught me up .... I could hang in the draft :D

It was humbling to just how rubbish I am

Just have a quick Google up on Coggan Power Zones... they will tell what 'feeling' can be ascribed to each zone. It hurts from Zone 3 upwards basically... however you just dont know how people are tweaking their Zwift to get bigger outputs.
    Its not suspicious in any way of course .. anyone riding for longer periods on 5 wkg should not be on Zwift but on contract with a Pro Conti team....

You could also try the chain change tomorrow night on the Classique circuit at 7 15pm.. it should be done and dusted under an hour, I hope. That is for riders 3 to 4 wkg
    Essentially as Zwift is more racing than training, it does become eyeballs out for most of the time. When you commute during the day, I dont train... just getting to work and back home again in one piece suffices.