Sourcing 9 Speed Campagnolo

dav_safc
dav_safc Posts: 59
edited October 2016 in Workshop
All, I used to think I could get future proofed by getting stuff from Geo. Butler and more latterly Sprockets. But their stock seems to be running low. Any other reputable vendors?
Currently a mix of Xenon, Race and Champ Triple.
Thinking that new Veloce drivetrain might be the way to go. It's only for Commuter/4 season go-to bike.
Thanks, David

Comments

• keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    What parts are you looking for?
  • Keezx wrote:
    What parts are you looking for?

BB which think could get from Sprockets. Shifters are newish. Reckon having a 9sp long cage rear mech would see me through a while.
    David
  • keezx
    Veloce is fine and Miche is even cheaper (all loose cogs):
    https://www.evanscycles.com/en-nl/miche ... e-00120233
  • I am pretty sure you can use a JIS bottom bracket... as far as I know the ISO and JIS tapers are at the end of the day the same thing... Shimano square taper BBs are JIS

Ask the cycleclinic, he knows best
    left the forum March 2023
  • keezx
    Campagnolo crankset on JIS BB doesn't work very well, cranks not far enough on the axle.
  • I'm running Campag 9 speed on a 10 speed Power Torque double chainset without any problems. I can't see that a triple would be any problem since Campag don't have indexing on the front mech.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    edited October 2016
    Token ISO tapered bottom brackets will work fine - just make sure the spindle length is right.

http://www.tokenproducts.com/bottom-bra ... -taper-185
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Also, for info, my wife runs a medium cage 9-speed Centaur rear mech with more recent 10-speed Veloce powershift levers.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    post 1995 chainsets need an iso taper for the correct chainline. while using a JIS taper BB can work it is not ideal as the chainlin is shifted by 4.5mm (I forget which way). I put all the compatibility details into my listings anyway.

Miche 9 speed and veloce 9 speed cassette are quite availble. I did have a veloce 9 speed mech but they are all gone. Down to the last few centaur short cage RD's. Very little 9 speed kit left now.

Veloce 9 speed chainsets BTY require a 111mm ISO taper BB. From campag the offering is a centaur BB now. The token BB is not quite ISO taper but then again neither is a centaur BB if you measure it. But the Token BB is close enough not to give any issues.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • post 1995 chainsets need an iso taper for the correct chainline. while using a JIS taper BB can work it is not ideal as the chainlin is shifted by 4.5mm (I forget which way). I put all the compatibility details into my listings anyway.

Miche 9 speed and veloce 9 speed cassette are quite availble. I did have a veloce 9 speed mech but they are all gone. Down to the last few centaur short cage RD's. Very little 9 speed kit left now.

Veloce 9 speed chainsets BTY require a 111mm ISO taper BB. From campag the offering is a centaur BB now. The token BB is not quite ISO taper but then again neither is a centaur BB if you measure it. But the Token BB is close enough not to give any issues.

Cheers mate. First class info. Will have a look on fleabay for a a week or so, see if anything turns up (9 speed mech). If not off to LBS for Veloce compact. David
  • post 1995 chainsets need an iso taper for the correct chainline. while using a JIS taper BB can work it is not ideal as the chainlin is shifted by 4.5mm (I forget which way). I put all the compatibility details into my listings anyway.

£ 80 for a mirage long cage rear mech on eBay. Quite shocked by that price, maybe my naevity.