Not ridden for a couple of years, not sure what to get ?

s1mon
s1mon Posts: 618
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Owned a few road bikes before all been Giants either defys or tcrs. I'm looking for something comfy but still has a sloping top tube, compact(ish) frame and looks more racier than sportive bike if that makes any sense :D

Two bikes I do like the look of are the Focus Cayo and Cube Agree C62 both 2016 models.

Thoughts on these and what else should I be looking at ?

Thanks.

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    some good deals about on Giants at the moment depending on your budget.

Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 for £2k down from £2700?
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • s1mon
    Don't really want another Giant would like to try a different brand and I found my tcr a harsh ride.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    My TCR was my first carbon bike after steel. I found it a great ride. The carbon really dampened out the road buzz - in fact first ride on it I was riding over grids for the novelty of not feeling them.

You can't go wrong with a TCR I think.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    To be honest, it's hard to buy a bad bike these days. I'd say test ride a few and then buy the one that fits best and you like the look of most.

If you want a bit of comfort the Trek isospeed decoupler thing seems to provide it, so consider a Domane / Madone / Emonda?
  • Cube Agree looks great and are a nod towards comfort geometry from the reviews I've read. Great spec for the money. Mind you Rutland have a great deal on the Attain GTC SL disc in carbon too

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/320631/pr ... ellow.aspx
  • s1mon
    So I'm down to 4 bikes now, a Defy either the Advanced Pro 2 (2016) or Advanced 1 (2017), Focus Cayo 105 Mix or Cube Agree C:62.

If I ride a small in Giant's frame sizing what would I need in the Focus, 51cm ?

And with the Cube would I need a 50cm or 53cm ?

I'm 167cm.

I didn't think I wanted disc brakes but always had them on mtb's and now I've seen them more on the road bikes they are starting to look better even though I'm a fair weather rider.