Planet X Maratona

The_Wicker_Man
The_Wicker_Man Posts: 338
edited September 2016 in Road buying advice
Has anyone got a Planet X Maratona? What do you think of them? How to they ride? Are the good on the climbs etc?

I'm after a new frameset but will probably get one next year. I have a Scott CR1 pro which I built up a few years ago for long sportives/training rides and hilly events. Currently built with SRAM Force 22 with a 50/34 chainset and a 11-32 cassette.
Injured my back last year and the Scott was given me a lot of back pain so took it to get a bike fit, where it was dramatically altered. Sometimes when I'm out on it, I don't have any issues but then on some occasions I get really bad back pain.

So contemplating selling it or just selling the frameset and getting a new bike next year. Love the look of the Maratona but will also look at other frames depending on price so long as there lightish and good climbers.

Comments

• jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 283
    Has anyone got a Planet X Maratona? What do you think of them? How to they ride? Are the good on the climbs etc?

I'm after a new frameset but will probably get one next year. I have a Scott CR1 pro which I built up a few years ago for long sportives/training rides and hilly events. Currently built with SRAM Force 22 with a 50/34 chainset and a 11-32 cassette.
    Injured my back last year and the Scott was given me a lot of back pain so took it to get a bike fit, where it was dramatically altered. Sometimes when I'm out on it, I don't have any issues but then on some occasions I get really bad back pain.

So contemplating selling it or just selling the frameset and getting a new bike next year. Love the look of the Maratona but will also look at other frames depending on price so long as there lightish and good climbers.

The maratona looks a bit agressive i'm certainly no expert but a 54cm top tube comined with a 120mm head seems like it wouldn't be very helpful with back pain.

Considering something like a tarmac or supersix would have roughly a 54.5cm tope tube but a 140mm head tube
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I don't think they have stock until October, it is supposed to be a 'Sportive geometry' bike.