Focus Cayo Ultegra Mix 2016

Sutton_Rider
Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
edited October 2016 in Your road bikes
Picked this up today, new at a discount price.

Focus%2002-10-2016%20c.jpg

28-09-2016%20007.jpg

Focus%2002-10-2016%20a.jpg

Comments

• Looks great, nice colour!

I always forget about focus bikes then i see one and remember why i like them...

p.s. if its comfy, no need to flip the stem :-)

Enjoy!!
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    sanspoof wrote:

p.s. if its comfy, no need to flip the stem :-)

+1; the stem only needs flipping if there's a fit / geometric issue - certainly not just for looks!

Great bike!
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    As the others have said, nice looking bike and don't worry about the stem if that position suits you. Oh and anybody who tries to tell you anything else is talking ballox, ignore them.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • I've never seen a focus in the flesh until recently, but they look great in flesh, I'm sure the pics don't do it justice.

I've go my eye on the new agree race disc, when I'm allowed to ride again :)
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • ^that makes no sense lol - I've seen a friends Focus Izalco Max, in the flesh and the same place had a Cube I like, never looked at German bikes before.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Thanks for the nice comments guys, I have now put the stem negative and its great. I've done a couple of hundred miles now, the perch is a bit hard, but getting better with each ride. Shame its nearly winter and the winter bike has its turn.
  • Secteur
    Shame its nearly winter and the winter bike has its turn.

Nonsense!

All this "winter bike" vs "best summer bike" is utter tosh!

I have one very good bike, and have used it all year around, in all weathers, on all roads, for 2.5 years now and when cleaned it's still like new. And I don't use mud guards, either.

There's no way I'd consign that bike to the garage till next Spring if I were you! No way!
  • Secteur wrote:
    Shame its nearly winter and the winter bike has its turn.

Nonsense!

I have one very good bike, and have used it all year around, in all weathers, on all roads, for 2.5 years now and when cleaned it's still like new. And I don't use mud guards, either.

There's no way I'd consign that bike to the garage till next Spring if I were you! No way!

Hardly, all that winter muck in your best groupset! My summer bike is now inside till spring :D
  • rs6mra1
    rs6mra1 Posts: 105
    Nonsense!

There's no way I'd consign that bike to the garage till next Spring if I were you! No way![/quote]

I totally agreee with you. What harm can possibly be done if the bike is washed after each ride especially so in the winter months. A regular home service would cost far less than having another bike.
  • Winter generally comes with worst road and weather conditions, all of which are bad news for cyclist. Leaves on the road hiding potholes and other hazards, wet mud from farm vehicles giving the chance for slips and slides and punctures. Roads are generally wetter giving rise to poorer braking surfaces especially when mixed with fuel spillage. The possibility of frost or worst ice. The list goes on and on.

Now, you may want to risk you bike under those conditions, but I would rather keep a nice bike for when conditions are good and run a cheap bike that should I end up throwing it down the road I won’t get too upset about. Besides I don’t want to have to spend as long cleaning the nice bike as I do riding it.

If you want to risk it on your bikes secteur & rs6mra1 and enjoy cleaning them afterwards, knock yourselves out. I’m sure you’ll find you are in the minority.
  • Secteur
    Chill SuttonRider! It was tongue in cheek, and a compliment to you ace new bike that if it were mine I'd want to ride it all year around!