VW Cyprus cycling tour

topcattim
topcattim Posts: 766
edited September 2016 in Road general
Has anybody out there ever done this? I can't find details yet for 2017 beyond the notification of the date (24 to 26 March 2017). I have, however, been able to see the route from this year, and it looks great. From what I can work out, there are some serious riders taking part in this, so I wonder how I, an average club rider with a good deal of experience in Alps, Dolomites etc and also on gran fondo type events, would fit into the field? I might be able to tie in a work trip next year to coincide with this; I've ridden a fair bit in Cyprus and this would provide an added dimension to next year's trip if it's any good.

Comments

• earth
    earth Posts: 934
    I've seen this and am interested as well. I've been thinking of recon trip in the winter first.
  • earth wrote:
    I've seen this and am interested as well. I've been thinking of recon trip in the winter first.
    I'll post back on here if I find out anything useful. I've ridden a fair bit in that area, and it's great - quiet roads, generally very well kept, long steady climbs, great weather. What's not to like...?
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I would be interested to hear if anyone has ridden / raced this before as I'm not exactly sure what it's classed as.