LED light fitting advice - need help!

Chrisj22
Chrisj22 Posts: 36
edited September 2016 in Road general
I've got some crappy LED lights as I'm a newbie and I cannot bloody fit the things!

I can't even find a link and their website is tosh. They're LE Better Lighting Experience LED bike light set, 4 light mode options, USB etc.

Light is bright, they'll do the job but I can't fit them.

They've got a slide-on clip at the back, but it won't slide on to my reflectors as there's not enough room for it to slide on?

They also have a kind of rubber flap that looks as though it's meant to go over something and attach to the light itself...

So confused!

Heres' the link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ascher-Recharg ... ike+lights

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Chris

Front one goes on the handlebar. Put the back of the light up against the bar, pull the rubber strap around the back of the bar and attach it to the hook on the back of the light.

The rear one goes around your seat post in a similar fashion. Look at the pictures in your link...there are some that may help there.

PP
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Roflolol !

I'd also check the bike from say 20 meters behind - pretend you are a car overtaking - can you see the light ?

I've seen people fit lights and then cover them with the tail of their jacket, or their whale tail mudguard, or a basket. Or having them low down on their seat stay and being invisible from the side.

I'm not saying this is you - but just do a little check eh ?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Fenix wrote:
    I've seen people fit lights and then cover them with the tail of their jacket, or their whale tail mudguard, or a basket?

I don't think we need to worry about that ...... the OP cant fit wrap around lights, no way they are going to figure out how to fit a mudguard or basket to the bike :mrgreen:

Sorry for laughing at you OP .... just found it amusing.