Are Scooters really that bad ?

2»

Comments

• http://road.cc/content/news/68212-dft-c ... cling-risk

Suggests it's not as bad as ten times as dangerous assuming you are talking per mile travelled but yes it's not the safest activity - if you looked at the risk of injury per hour I guess that would make motorcycles appear even worse.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Will you be getting a Domino's or Deliveroo box on the back of it?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Those three wheel efforts one of them you dont need a license for and its 500odd cc. Could be worth a test drive.

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=315857

Link to a motorbike forum thread discussing the MP3 things.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    50cc? They call them "twist and farts" round here for obvious reasons. Slow as others have said.

There is someone near me has one. Its so noisy its as through the baffler has fallen off. High pitched whiny thing. And cos its so bloody slow it takes ages to move away. The thing that grinds me the most is the twunt who rides it come and goes at the more unsociable hours to be making such a noise. I would honestly drive over the thing if I saw it unattended on the side of the road.
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    I don't know how those danger statistics work. I ride a VFR800 when I can be bothered. I get no close passes and no aggro from motorists at all. I seem to actually get a lot of respect. I can't really recall any particularly near misses at all. I can see over most cars and anticipate problems and the bike is so quick and responsive that a flick of the wrist takes me away from possible incidents. I personally think the MBike is safer. I wonder if a lot of the accidents are due to the type of MB rider you see out with their mates on roads like the Cat and Fiddle or Snake Pass.