Pressure on my wrists

2»

Comments

• musclebeach
    musclebeach Posts: 116
    edited October 2016
    Tbh i think it's as simple as.... try a shorter stem with rise on it... i've been riding my roadie for the last few weeks and this now feels alien to ride.....but bars SO wide in comparison haha!
    I think due to the seatpost height i'm verging on needing a bigger bike too but just holding off for a few months to get the enduro bike i've dreamed of...but i do prefer a smaller frame under me than something too large that i can't manouvre about.

IMG_6991_zpstfcqlbks.jpg

IMG_6989_zpsuoidmhel.jpg

IMG_6990_zpsig5bijgp.jpg
  • Also thinking with a different stem i'll be able to push the bars angle forward a bit too as they are angled as far as i'd want to have them at the moment...

Jesus after looking, i seem to have bought a bike with an impossible stem to replace! 1.5" and not the standard size!!
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Id say your frame is too small for you

if your post needs to be that high, then you probably need a bigger size

You can see quite clearly on the 2nd pic that your seat is way higher than the handlebars, so your weight will be on your hands

your bars look like they are rotated back, so you arent getting the most from the rise

Shorten the stem and rotate the bars forward a bit

Wider bars don't really make that much difference. Yes they make you move forward slightly, but its marginal compared to the other changes discussed above

I have a 1.5 Easton Havoc stem for sale. 65mm i think
  • Yes I think youre absolutely right, so the inevitable is that the frame even though it's a large is still just a bit too small for my octopus legs.... Bugger it!
  • I agree about the frame size and seat height likely being too small and high but a thing I've found that makes a difference for me is the shape of the grip profile. I've used expensive Ergon grips with three-finger bar ends but they didn't help. I found a pronounced oval cross-section grip was much better for longer distance riding, and twisting them as and when I need to to prevent hand ache from keeping them in one position too long, works for me. I use these cheap Clarks grips now from Halfords (£3.99 if reserved online - cheap experiment). I commuter ride on a hybrid so I'm pretty static in my riding position and wrist/hand pains soon show up. Learning to consciously spread the the load between your arse, back and arms, appropriate for your sporting style, is important too as much as the equipment.

http://i1.adis.ws/i/washford/198039?w=637&h=403
  • Thanks for the suggestion, for off road riding it feels fine it's just longish road rides, but now i've got a roadie i shouldn't be doing that too much.

Of course when off road i'm barely in the saddle anyway, and my next bike will have a saucy dropper post, still wondering if a shorter stem with a bit of rise would give a bit more control too but not spending a fortune getting one of those...