CRC Prime Pro wheels - thoughts and a question

2»

Comments

• Some rims are less tubeless compatible than others. Some tubeless rims never work that well with tubeless tyres. It is not that it is asymmetric as Kinlin asymmetric rims work just fine with tubeless tyres.

More rim tape normally helps. Just carry CO2 when you are out. When the tyre wear out add more rim tape then.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    No pressure loss over 24 hours so looks like it could be all systems go for Sunday :)
  • johngti
    33 mile run out today, tyres were pumped up to 85 rear and 80 front. Comfort was tangibly better, no issues with grip on the nasty greasy roads and the noise was lovely! The nicest bit was that in terms of the comfort, I'd usually have a stiff neck and pinsand needles in my hands by about 20 miles. Very little of either today.

Thanks for the advice :)
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    those tyres excell in the wet.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Just purchased Prime Pro alloy wheels from CRC at the 20% discounted price plus BC discount which brings them in at just over £250. Have Schwalbe Pro One tyres reday for mounting and looking forward to going tubeless. Hoping that this wheelset will be as big a bargain as it appears to be!
  • johngti
    Mine are still going strong and I'm happy enough with them to have sold on some zonda c17s in favour of 38mm carbon wheels for something different. I have no issues with using these wheels when it's not the weather for the carbon ones.
  • Good to hear, might also be tempted by the rr38 carbon Clinchers
  • ricey155
    ricey155 Posts: 233
    Not many reviews about for the prime CRC or wiggle wheels 5-6 max so wouldn't mind a real user review :mrgreen:

cheap and tubeless ideal, I guess your OK with them still?
  • johngti
    Ricey155 wrote:
    Not many reviews about for the prime CRC or wiggle wheels 5-6 max so wouldn't mind a real user review :mrgreen:

Yep, all good here. Very happy with them
  • Ricey155 wrote:

The tubeless Schwalbe Ones are excellent no issues at all. First proper ride there was some pinging from the spokes, applied some lube to the crossing on rear wheel and problem solved. For the money I'd say they're unbeatable and tubeless tyres problem free so far.
  • ricey155
    Excellent cheers all :-)

Pro version 1470g at 279.99 at present on both sites, used the Scwable one tl ghetto on my carbon front rolls nice and easy to fit and wear rate is excellent so far and no punctures even better.

best get busy buying my new wheels then, back soon with my verdict.
  • ricey155
    Forgot to ask, upgrade on a superstar comp pave 28 tubular wheelset? running Tufo S33 pro (cheap and reliable)

been toying all day, need to press the buy button!!
  • alh14
    alh14 Posts: 62
    Just got a pair of the prime pro race mk2 disc wheels, weighed in at 1600g on my scales and at £220 (bc discount) seems a good deal But how the hell do I fit the 15mm thru axle endcaps with a centrelock disc rotor ?

There does not seem to be any solid way of mounting the endcaps at all.
  • ricey155
    impressed so far, 180 miles in and they roll well, they not completely true but not far off! the Schwable pro one micronskins went on really easy compared to my Chinese carbon rim which was a nightmare #WrestlingDay

Hassle free so far which is always nice :-) they seem fast, going to try them up a few Cotswolds hills this weekend.