thursday, it said seize the day, pull the trigger, drop the blade, and watch the rolling heads

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Pinno wrote:
    Tidied the workbench. Pulled weeds in back yard. Called it a day at that and had a whisky.

Sounds like you're moving around a bit more?
    It's a relative thing. There are 90 year olds in the retirement village my Mum lives in who do 5 times the amount of gardening in a day than I managed yesterday.

Okay, okay, it's a start. You don't have to be such a miserable old basket. I was being optimistic for you; encouraging.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Had to laugh as I was riding back from work, passed a guy on a Spesh road bike in all the gear. He jumped on my wheel and took a tow until I turned off, but I was on an old MTB with fat trail tyres with mudguards, panniers and a silly plastic plane on the handlebars. To be fair he did go for the pass as I turned off, but he really should have passed well before that.

Shouldn't you have posted that in the 'Silly Communter racing' thread? He took his life into his own hands there. Knowing what you eat on a Wednesday night, I wouldn't sit on your wheel for love nor money.

It's more about the real ale
    Good job we didn't go to Brighton or this could have happened. Naked Ladies before curry, Kingfisher with.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Had to laugh as I was riding back from work, passed a guy on a Spesh road bike in all the gear. He jumped on my wheel and took a tow until I turned off, but I was on an old MTB with fat trail tyres with mudguards, panniers and a silly plastic plane on the handlebars. To be fair he did go for the pass as I turned off, but he really should have passed well before that.

Shouldn't you have posted that in the 'Silly Communter racing' thread? He took his life into his own hands there. Knowing what you eat on a Wednesday night, I wouldn't sit on your wheel for love nor money.

Good job we didn't go to Brighton or this could have happened. Naked Ladies before curry, Kingfisher with.
    :lol:

Love the way the woman who complained blamed her husband first.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

:lol:

Love the way the woman who complained blamed her husband first.

Aint that always the way.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    edited September 2016
    I liked this one from the Brighton bulletin too

https://brightonbulletin.com/2016/09/04 ... -facebook/

And One for the ninja peds

https://brightonbulletin.com/2016/08/18 ... ycle-lane/
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    I liked this one from the Brighton bulletin too

https://brightonbulletin.com/2016/09/04 ... -facebook/

That's news worthy?!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    it's a spoof website
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    sungod wrote:
    it's a spoof website
    I didn't think that needed explaining, I forgot Piña is 'special'.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    to be fair, there are people out there who fit the stories

including plenty that should be segregated into a 'completely oblivious' lane for the protection of the rest of us
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    it's a spoof website
    I didn't think that needed explaining, I forgot Piña is 'special'.

Oi, there's no need for that.