Wiggle Essentials - any good?

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
edited September 2016 in Road buying advice
I'm looking to buy a couple of pairs of thermal padded bib tights for Winter. I notice that Wiggle do a Wiggle Essentials range that is keenly priced.

What's the quality like of these? I'm not bothered about the looks at all, but mainly the fit, comfort and warmth.

Comments

• In my experience everything I've ever bought from a Wiggle own brand (DHB, Lifeline etc.) has far exceeded my expectations. I've got various bits of their kit and it's all been great.

Can't comment on those tights but I know plenty of people who prefer the boutique brands as their clothing of choice who make an exception for DHB kit in the winter, particularly the tights.
  • Also, try googling the product name followed by 'review'. Bike radar / road.cc / cycling weekly are always getting various Wiggle kit in on test.
  • I read quite a few reviews and the feedback seemed to suggest an issue with the fit. There were also issues with the leg length being too long (this would be am issue for me as I'm a short-a*se!). Plus, the one that would be a deal-breaker for me was the apparent tightness of the ankles.

In the end I managed to pick up the last of the dhb ASV Roubaix bib tights. They cost twice the price but were at a very good discount, and they have very good reviews on other review sites. I already have a pair of dhb Classic Roubaix bib tights that I really like, so the new ones should be at least as good.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,140
    They are just the old dhb active range rebranded.
    I've got a few bits for commuting wear. I like the shorts and non-thermal tights, though size down because they are sized for beginners (read large). The thermal tights don't have the same stretch so the fit is much more of an issue. I wouldn't recommend those. I also have a thermal and non-thermal long sleeve Jersey. Decent fabrics, not too keen on the cut; not fitted enough for my tastes.
    Pads are very good for budget stuff.