Cycling Apparel, which is your favorite ?

joaop
joaop Posts: 38
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi guys,

which cycling apparel brand that you most like, and why ?

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Quite like Sportful. Seems to fit me well. Some nice colours. A bit less common than Castelli round this neck of the woods.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Sportful is owned by Castelli I think ? And cheaper too.
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Save loads in the long run and just buy rapha.Great fit, looks good and reasonable value if you buy in the sales.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Plenty of cheaper brands than Rapha that will last as long. Plus don't you get bored of kit after a couple of years ?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Anything good value and comfortable. Couldn't give a toss what brand it is. LOL at 'saving loads and buying Rapha'..
  • joaop
    joaop Posts: 38
    I like this brand, MAAP, amazing kits

Any-Styles-2015-New-MAAP-RACING-Team-font-b-PRO-b-font-font-b-Cycling-b.jpg

but it's too expensive.
  • Fenix wrote:
    Plenty of cheaper brands than Rapha that will last as long. Plus don't you get bored of kit after a couple of years ?

Rapha holds their value real well on eBay. Buy in the sale and you'll get most of your money back in many cases. Most brands you'll just have to keep or chuck
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Castelli on the bottom as it fits well and gore on the top as I am a bronze Adonis of cycling and not some 10 stone weakling.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Imposter wrote:
    Anything good value and comfortable. Couldn't give a toss what brand it is. LOL at 'saving loads and buying Rapha'..
    ^^This +1, the best fitting jerseys I have are Decathlon 700 & 900 series ones and they are really nice quality. The Gore Oxygen bought in the sale fits well on the body and shoulders but the back is a bit long and the sleeves needed taking in.
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Castelli for serious riding. Sportful for much the same kit for less money. Rapha for commuting, city and casual. DHB for winter bibs (Vaeon Roubaix Pro, unmatched IMO) and fluoro LS winter jerseys for really nasty weather; Castelli again for knickers and tights. I've a few Endura merino city tops as well. Rapha for base layers. Giro for helmets, shoes and mitts.
  • Head to toe Rapha for me - fit well; well made; made to last; comfortable - no complaints at all.
  • I'm rather liking https://velobici.cc at the moment.

That was until the missus pointed out, as I was leaving the house in my new matching Verne bibs and jersey, that in fashion circles 'VB' stands for Victoria Beckham... Ah well.

The go-to staples are still Assos bibs (S7 Equipe the current favourites) and Rapha jerseys, base layers and jackets.

Add a Gabba and an Assos waterproof to that and job done.
  • Le Col, Rapha or Bioracer for me
  • Assos and Parentini
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.

How do you find the Bioracer stuff? The club's just swapped kit suppliers so I've taken a punt on a pair of the Race Proven Tempster bibs and jersey...
  • Castelli / Sportful for something a bit nice, Endura also very good. DHB for on a budget. Can't go wrong with DHB it seems, it's not just good for the money, it's just good, the fact it's half the price of the top stuff just makes it better.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Assos for bibs now. Castelli bibs for sub 70 mile rides. Milltag do great jerseys. PS+ for club kit.

How do you find the Bioracer stuff? The club's just swapped kit suppliers so I've taken a punt on a pair of the Race Proven Tempster bibs and jersey...

Love bioracer bib shorts, actually prefer them to rapha. A couple of folk in my club also swear by them. The tempest range is the bioracer equivalent of castelli gabba/nanoflex. I have a set but never worn them yet, so can't say how they compare to gabba etc.
  • Even my day isn't this boring

Love bioracer bib shorts, actually prefer them to rapha. A couple of folk in my club also swear by them. The tempest range is the bioracer equivalent of castelli gabba/nanoflex. I have a set but never worn them yet, so can't say how they compare to gabba etc.
    Biggest problem with Bioracer is the sizing seems to be a little hit and miss. People in my old club would find they'd be say size 4 in a SS jersey but a 3 in a LS, or 5 in a Gillet etc. obviously as always with cycle clothing YMMV.
  • Torm jerseys.

Merino base layers.

And the Endurance FS260 shell for when it's widdling down.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    My faves have changed over the years.

Jackets and winter jerseys would have to be Castelli.
    Lighter jerseys would be Castelli and Rapha
    Bib tights is Castelli
    Bib shorts is La Passione, Etxeondo, Rapha

I used to LOVE Mavic, but have realised their kit doesn't mesh with my bodyshape as well as I once thought it did - that's the kind of thing you only find out in time though.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18

Bioracer...... ouch :shock: :? :?
    Sorry guys, does not come close to any of the other brands mentioned in the post. The only half decent quality is their top of the range and it is made for pro cyclist with a cut so aero you could do downhill skiing with it!
  • joaop wrote:
    I like this brand, MAAP, amazing kits

Any-Styles-2015-New-MAAP-RACING-Team-font-b-PRO-b-font-font-b-Cycling-b.jpg

but it's too expensive.

Designs are great, fits well and it is a good kit, but nothing over the top, very standard clothing. there is not enough quality to justify the crazy price! Its simple clothing, you are paying fro the crazy aussie market! As someone else mentioned, I also thing the designs are great but you will be over it in a year... your call. let us know if you try it out.
  • Rapha.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I recently bought some dhb ASV Roubaix l/s and the Aeron Sportive l/s jerseys to add to my ever growing kit and the quality/fit is superb IMO.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Assos bottom half. Catelli top half in the Winter, Rapha in the Summer
  • Anything black with vertical stripes.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    After years of trial and I wish someone told me sooner so I wouldn't spend so much money on clothing.

Castelli Gabba 2 long sleeve jersey is just the best of them all. Can go from 0-16 range with different base layering underneath and you will feel perfect and feel safe (from wind and rain). It replaced all Rapha long sleeve winter jersey and jackets and doesn't even come close.

Castelli summer mesh jersey just just simply brilliant and beats anything out there especially when it is on sale.

Castelli - Arm Warmers, Knee Warmers and Leg Warmers are all great compared to any other.

Rapha generally I still buy their short sleeve jerseys for spring and Autumn because they look the most stylish and best fit.

Rapha merino mesh base layer - absolutely wonderful. I wear it all time for anything and everything from 0-16C.

For shorts as long as they have Cytech chamois then they mostly fine but I like Assos, Pactimo Rapha, DHB (pro line) and ranked as they are listed.

For merino base layers I can't recommend Vulpine enough so much softer but not as stylish as Rapha and I love their merino shocks as well.

So I don't have one favourite but a few and it depends on what they are for.
  • GrenW wrote:
    Assos bottom half. Catelli top half in the Winter, Rapha in the Summer

That combo goes against my OCD. If wearing assos on the bottom then must wear assos jersey, hat, socks and baselayer too. Same applies to other brands.