Cube Attain SL Disc

2»

Comments

• seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    WuMyster wrote:
    Hasilpuri wrote:
    seanorawe wrote:

Sorry for bringing this old thread, but im looking to get the same bike as its on offer at £799. Can you tell me if the frame/forks has enough clearance to fit 32 tyres. There are few canal paths around here so im thinking of getting bike which takes bigger tyres or may b a gravel bike. But i really like the look of it and at this price i think its a bragain .

I have the GTC version of this bike (same geometry I believe) and 28 will work but it's fairly tight. 32s wont fit.

What size frame did you go for?
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • seanorawe wrote:
    WuMyster wrote:
    Hasilpuri wrote:
    seanorawe wrote:

Sorry for bringing this old thread, but im looking to get the same bike as its on offer at £799. Can you tell me if the frame/forks has enough clearance to fit 32 tyres. There are few canal paths around here so im thinking of getting bike which takes bigger tyres or may b a gravel bike. But i really like the look of it and at this price i think its a bragain .

I have the GTC version of this bike (same geometry I believe) and 28 will work but it's fairly tight. 32s wont fit.

What size frame did you go for?

• Cimos
    Cimos Posts: 1
    Got mine a few dasy ago as an alternative to my old CX bike, which i liked a lot, but I missed a more comfortable geometry.

I put 32mm tyres on it and there is still clearance to spare. It's a fast do-it-all bike. Love it.

https://goo.gl/photos/WyaPcp6WwMaaV21r9
  • RobiEli
    RobiEli Posts: 25
    seanorawe wrote:
    velogee wrote:
    Looks perfect for the impending Winter.

Indeed

It has little eyelets for fitting Cube's own mudguards, imaginatively named Cubegaurd.

Other wise it will easily take the clip on type guards. With guards it will take 28mm tyres or 32 without the guards.

Does anyone know if 32mm will fit on the Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc? Does it have the same geometry (clearance) as the SL Disc?
  • https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/road-triath ... hred-2017/

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/road-triath ... reen-2017/

Same geometry specs.

To date, biggest tyre I've fitted is 28mm Grand Sport Race, at least 5mm clearance sideways to fork blades and at least 7mm clearance upwards to fork crown. IIRC, as I've misplaced my tape measure, these tyres measure up big (~31mm).

I shall try and remember to take a 32mm Specialized Houffalize (from my old 2010 Tricross Singlecross, taken off after very first ride around block when I got a puncture back then!)) off my Voodoo's 29er wheelset this week and see what the Cube makes of it.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • RobiEli
    https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/road-triathlon/attain/cube-attain-sl-disc-blacknflashred-2017/

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/road-triath ... reen-2017/

Same geometry specs.

To date, biggest tyre I've fitted is 28mm Grand Sport Race, at least 5mm clearance sideways to fork blades and at least 7mm clearance upwards to fork crown. IIRC, as I've misplaced my tape measure, these tyres measure up big (~31mm).

I shall try and remember to take a 32mm Specialized Houffalize (from my old 2010 Tricross Singlecross, taken off after very first ride around block when I got a puncture back then!)) off my Voodoo's 29er wheelset this week and see what the Cube makes of it.

That would be great.
    Did you try the 32's on your Cube? How did it go?
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    edited January 2018
    RobiEli wrote:
    That would be great.

Sorry, it's still on my "to do" list, I've stuck with the Houffalize on the Voodoo for longer than I thought and got carried away with Zwift during that week's annual leave! I will post an update when I get around to trying it.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • RobiEli
    RobiEli wrote:
    That would be great.

Sorry, it's still on my "to do" list, I've stuck with the Houffalize on the Voodoo for longer than I thought! I will post an update when I get around to trying it.

Awesome, thank you!
  • jash15
    jash15 Posts: 8
    Hey,
    Have any of you guys noticed the rear wheel being a bit wonky even when secured with the thru axle? Looking from the back of the bike the wheel looks twisted slightly to the right of the seat tube. Is this the same for other people or has my frame somehow been bent out of shape?
  • RobiEli
    Not like that on mine, I would take it to the shop to have it checked out.
  • ww88
    ww88 Posts: 18
    Seriously tempted by one of these they look great
  • WW88 wrote:
    Seriously tempted by one of these they look great

Do it. It’s the best bike I’ve ever owned
  • There seems to be a lot of love for this bike on this thread so... I am in the market for a new "endurance/relaxed" style road bike with a budget of £1k (give or take)... Having done quite a lot of research the Cube Attain SL Disc is on my shortlist, especially at the current sale prices for the 2018 model.

I am just slightly puzzled by the sizing for this bike - I am 5ft10 with a 33" inside leg. The sizing chart on the Chain Reaction site puts me down for a 58 frame. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube-attain-sl-disc-road-bike-2018/rp-prod165715
    Does that seem right??? Reading some of the comments on this thread seems to suggest that I should be a 56... Any views would be gratefully received. Thanks.
  • I'm 6ft1 and when I ordered my 2016 model there was only a 56 and 60 left in stock. I normally ride 58 so went with the 56 with the idea of raising the seat up a bit rather than being stuck with the 60 with no way to adjust it for a smaller size. I'm guessing a 58 frame would fit me much nicer (at least more of a professional fit) but I've found the 56 to be very comfortable. Really love the bike.
    I would highly recommend to find a dealer where you can test out the 2 sizes and see which fits you better.

There seems to be a lot of love for this bike on this thread so... I am in the market for a new "endurance/relaxed" style road bike with a budget of £1k (give or take)... Having done quite a lot of research the Cube Attain SL Disc is on my shortlist, especially at the current sale prices for the 2018 model.

I am just slightly puzzled by the sizing for this bike - I am 5ft10 with a 33" inside leg. The sizing chart on the Chain Reaction site puts me down for a 58 frame. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube-attain-sl-disc-road-bike-2018/rp-prod165715
    Does that seem right??? Reading some of the comments on this thread seems to suggest that I should be a 56... Any views would be gratefully received. Thanks.
  • RobiEli wrote:
    I'm 6ft1 and when I ordered my 2016 model there was only a 56 and 60 left in stock. I normally ride 58 so went with the 56 with the idea of raising the seat up a bit rather than being stuck with the 60 with no way to adjust it for a smaller size. I'm guessing a 58 frame would fit me much nicer (at least more of a professional fit) but I've found the 56 to be very comfortable. Really love the bike.
    I would highly recommend to find a dealer where you can test out the 2 sizes and see which fits you better.

Thanks for the comments, most appreciated. I am feeling the love for this bike!
  • My Cube is 58cm, I'm 5'10" with ~32.5" cycling inseam, I wanted more ability to raise the bars more if my lower back niggle ever returned.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • My Cube is 58cm, I'm 5'10" with ~32.5" cycling inseam, I wanted more ability to raise the bars more if my lower back niggle ever returned.

Thanks for the helpful comments, I suspect there will be no substitute for trying out the frames first - buying online can lead to bargains, but not if the bike doesn't really fit!
  • Im 5ft 10.5 and the 56 was perfect
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • The Cube Attain SL Disc 2018 arrived today - a 56 frame and it is a perfect fit! Photos to follow over the weekend. Initial impressions are very favourable - and it looks stunning!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Pics pics!
  • First photo attached of my new bike: http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5428474725

The bike is much more stable and forgiving over bumps etc than my old road bike, the ever faithful Specialized Allez. I have a longer ride planned this weekend but happy thus far.
  • Link doesn’t work. Not for me anyway
  • Fingers crossed this link will work...! https://photos.app.goo.gl/yZtFFdKnPPbwVqQw8
  • Yep, that works...
  • Well, two punctures at the weekend - front and then rear. Obviously a lot of fun...

I just wanted to say that I have never known a hell as bad as trying to get the tyres - Continental Grand Sport Race - back onto the rims. My thumbs and palms have been wrecked - absolutely hideous...!

Can any fellow Attain owners let me know what they think of these tyres (or is it just me)!?

Many thanks.