what bike?

penny21
penny21 Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Commuting general
Hey all, new to this forum. I will be moving at the end of the month and my new place will have a bike path connecting my community and work outside my back door. The commute will be ~22km one way on a rail grade bike path. Originally I thought I would buy a Specialized Vita Elite Disc but then have come recently realized a cyclocross may be more of what I am after. My LBS carries giant and I am torn between the liv invite 1 and brava slr. Does anyone have a recommendation between the two, or some other model? I assume I will be commuting 44 km/day, will have my 70lbs dog in a chariot (she is old, will maybe run 5km), or be without dog but have a load in the panniers. Other uses will be biking to climbing gym, groceries, and possibly off road...I believe there are a lot of options in the area I am moving to. btw, I have a full suspension cross country mtn bike that i love for all my mtn bike adventures!!

thank you in advance!!

Comments

• stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    I can't help with the bike - know nothing about cyclocross bikes.
    But welcome to the forum.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    penny21 wrote:
    Hey all, new to this forum. I will be moving at the end of the month and my new place will have a bike path connecting my community and work outside my back door. The commute will be ~22km one way on a rail grade bike path. Originally I thought I would buy a Specialized Vita Elite Disc but then have come recently realized a cyclocross may be more of what I am after. My LBS carries giant and I am torn between the liv invite 1 and brava slr. Does anyone have a recommendation between the two, or some other model? I assume I will be commuting 44 km/day, will have my 70lbs dog in a chariot (she is old, will maybe run 5km), or be without dog but have a load in the panniers. Other uses will be biking to climbing gym, groceries, and possibly off road...I believe there are a lot of options in the area I am moving to. btw, I have a full suspension cross country mtn bike that i love for all my mtn bike adventures!!

thank you in advance!!

What are gaining over an MTB ? - Assuming you don't want to take up cyclocross

Thought I saw some good deal on boardman or planet x cross bikes the other day...