Going tubeless DT Swiss x1700 spline 2

thebluevoice
thebluevoice Posts: 31
edited September 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Thinking of going tubeless after another pinch flat today in the peak (was running 40 psi on the 29er rear). I'm under 11 stone..

I have the tubeless valves and looking at the rim it has dt Swiss tape around it saying tubeless ready. Soo, is it actually tubeless ready or is more tape required? Can I just get a tubeless tyre n sealant? Regarding tyres, currently have a conti xking 2.2 racesport which is fine but would welcome suggestions for a similar handling but tubeless ready tyres. Conti xking protection worth considering?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Sounds like its ready to go, pull out the tubes stick your tubeless valves in and give it a go, if more tape is required gorilla tape is your friend.

I dont use Conti tyres but im a schwalbe fan, i always go for the snakeskin protection (wouldnt ride without) so yes it's probably worth considering the xking protection, it all depends on the conditions and type of riding you do...
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • I use Conti's mainly Trail King protection work well tubeless sometimes with the thicker side walls they can be a little harder to seat to start with, I just remove the core so you can get a full flow of air into them and lube with tyre and bead up with a little soap and water ( can be a good idea to get them into shape by fitting them with a tube for a few hour/over night )

I've used the cheaper folding Conti's on my sons bike and they worked fine, been told it wont work with wire bead but never tried them.