Powertap P1 Issues

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited September 2016 in Workshop
Has anyone else suffered from their Powertap P1 pedals not working correctly? Mine are suffering from low battery life (2/3 weeks light use), right/left balance not working, drop outs to name a few issues.

Firmwear is upto date, so slightly puzzled..

Thanks
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• No issues with mine after 10 months use. From what you say, I'd be sending them back to be checked over at the very least.
  • johnny25 wrote:
    No issues with mine after 10 months use. From what you say, I'd be sending them back to be checked over at the very least.

Thanks, they're being shipped back to Wiggle today. I'll update with the outcome. I've asked for a refund, but I'm not sure what other PM would offer the same ease of use (when working ok)
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • I don't think there are any. The Garmin Vector and bePro still require a fair amount of time to set up.

Personally I'd get another set of P1's and try them again. Regarding batteries, I use lithium ones.

Today, in less than 10mins, I'd taken the P1's off my road bike and put them on my second bike for a turbo session. I get the odd issue now and again, but disconnecting them from the Garmin 520 head unit and then reconnecting sorts the issue out.
  • johnny25 wrote:
    I don't think there are any. The Garmin Vector and bePro still require a fair amount of time to set up.

Personally I'd get another set of P1's and try them again. Regarding batteries, I use lithium ones.

Today, in less than 10mins, I'd taken the P1's off my road bike and put them on my second bike for a turbo session. I get the odd issue now and again, but disconnecting them from the Garmin 520 head unit and then reconnecting sorts the issue out.

Hi Johnny,

I agree, when working, the ease of use is great. I'll see what Wiggle come back to me with. Looking at the Wiggle review online, quite a few people have received iffy pedals and have got a refund back. I may put the money into some new wheels and look at a PM again in the future.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • Fair play mate. You'll get a great set of wheels for the cost of the P1's!
  • johnny25 wrote:
    Fair play mate. You'll get a great set of wheels for the cost of the P1's!

As a final update to this thrilling saga, Wiggle have refunded me in full (including the postage back to them)

1) Hats off to Wiggle, quick resolution

2) What to do with the £££?
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2