Di2 Cables

super_prestige
super_prestige Posts: 300
edited September 2016 in Workshop
Does anybody know if you can plug Di2 cables in to any port.
What I mean is, I am trying to hide all the cables, I currently run a internal battery with the Di2 junction box mounted under the stem.

I was hoping to hide the junction box on the stem, I am sure I have seen somewhere some one has fed a Cable from the left shifter to the right shifter then one cable in to the junction box.

Also I want to hide the SM-EWW01 Wireless unit in the seat tube, can I place this I between the battery and junction box.

Thanks.
Building:
S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
Race:
Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Yes you can. It uses a bus system not A goes to A B goes to B etc. Connect it all up as you see fit and it should work.

Note usual caveats about using the right tool, that plugs need to click into place and despite early assurances that it's safe to connect & disconnect plugs as often as you like they're best left in place once they're in.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Does anybody know if you can plug Di2 cables in to any port.
    What I mean is, I am trying to hide all the cables, I currently run a internal battery with the Di2 junction box mounted under the stem.

I was hoping to hide the junction box on the stem, I am sure I have seen somewhere some one has fed a Cable from the left shifter to the right shifter then one cable in to the junction box.

Also I want to hide the SM-EWW01 Wireless unit in the seat tube, can I place this I between the battery and junction box.

Thanks.

If you 'hide' the junction box (presumably in the frame somewhere), how are you going to use the charger port to charge your internal battery?

PP