Giant Advanced XTC Carbon

kinioo
kinioo Posts: 776
edited September 2016 in MTB buying advice
Any thoughts on this bike guys ??

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bi ... 999/66606/

I am thinking of getting myself a second bike, fast, light HT etc. and have come across this one...

I am looking for a second hand etc.

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    God quality frame, the components have been thrifted a bit to keep the price down, and multi front chainrings is so 2014!

Would you be buying the 2014 new or used? If it's new I'd be expecting a discount for the age.
    Some options on Pauls right now.
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b4s182p0 ... nsion-27-5
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    The Rookie wrote:
    God quality frame, the components have been thrifted a bit to keep the price down, and multi front chainrings is so 2014!

Depends on the type of riding you'll be doing, by having 2x when doing my XC marathon type events it helps a ton by having the extra gearage for the linking road routes to go faster than if I was on a 1x.
  • stuyd
    stuyd Posts: 207
    i have last years version, love it pretty light and stiff in all the right places. Frame cam be a little noisy, especially huge down tube. depends on your type of riding, i would tackle any thing xc all but the most technical dh with confidence.
    time to man up.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Briggo wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Depends on the type of riding you'll be doing, by having 2x when doing my XC marathon type events it helps a ton by having the extra gearage for the linking road routes to go faster than if I was on a 1x.
    I'm not disagreeing, it was just an observation.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Thanks all,

At the moment second hand is the only option.

Maybe I can find a frame only somewhere and build something from scratch.