Mavic Rs ys sl 10 speed to 11 speed ?

part time waster
part time waster Posts: 244
edited September 2016 in Workshop
Hello all.
I have these wheels and they are 8 years old. They are the mark 2 version , I think with the silver banding round the carbon spokes. To differentiate them from the mark 1 which collapsed !
They are campag with the Ed10 free hub body. Do I just buy an Ed11 free hub body to run them as 11 speed ?
Sorry for a basic question, I tried the subject search options but get baffled by tech details.
I am more of a sledge hammer style mechanic. No finesse.
Thanks.

Comments

• proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    To the best of my knowledge 10sp and 11sp Mavic Campag flavour freehubs are the same, so just fit an 11sp cassette. It is possibly the largest sprocket may interfere with the spokes (depends on hub vintage and model, can't remember when the changeover took place), and if it does you'll need to fit a 0.55mm spacer (a Mavic part) behind the cassette. Your local Mavic dealer will source one for you. I got mine from Sigmasport. You won't need a new freehub.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Mavic/ ... lsrc=aw.ds
  • Thanks. I tried to just fit the 11 speed cassette. 11-25 and it fouled something. It went on and you could spin it backwards whilst off the bike but once in the frame the cranks really struggled to rotate the wheel. I will visit my local shop who deals Mavic.
    Tip top.