Roval Rim Replacements

Tiesetrotter
Tiesetrotter Posts: 432
edited September 2016 in Workshop
I am no wheel expert, but I have two sets of Roval wheels with the old hubs. The carbon front hub and white rear hub.

One set of Alpinista's is going strong even if the rims are very polished. The other had an old worn out alloy rim. They both have the nipples hidden on the bladed spokes.

Does anyone know whether they would be compatable with the newer rims or indeed any rims. I was going to try and source some new CLX32 Rims and attach them rather than buy a whole new wheel.

Comments

• Yes, you can rebuild it... internal nipples require a bit more skill, but it is doable. Not sure where to source original Roval rims, you might be bound to another rim. If you want to keep the spokes, you need a rim with the same ERD as the one currently on
    left the forum March 2023
  • Many thanks for that. On closer inspection it would seem the CL range has the same internal nipples and the hubs seem similar. The CLX looks different though.

I was thinking of a new Roval rim. I look for one of their suppliers.

I do like my Alpinistas although they are quite a few years old. Uber light.
  • It's probably not worth it... you will find the supply scarce and the price unrealistic. If it had the same ERD as an Archetype, it would be a neat project for not much money
    left the forum March 2023