wheels, wheel and wheels

fat daddy
fat daddy Posts: 2,605
edited September 2016 in Workshop
Hello,

I have a road bike with Roval Pave sl25 + rim brakes - I like the wheels they are strong, light, and I don't get why they are not more expensive

I have a work commuter with Mavic XM 319 32 Hole wheels + disk brakes

Both run 10speed cassettes

I have a requirement to put the roadbike on to the turbo trainer, so would like an extra wheel with a trainer tire on it to save my conti IIs

cheapest option would be to buy a cheap 700c wheel and tire

But, this might be a good time to upgrade something.

should I ... upgrade the rovals to something better and use the old roval as a trainer wheel ... don't really want to spend more than £350 though, is there much better than the rovals for £350 ?

Or

do I upgrade the Mavics and then use the old mavic wheel on the roadbike .... Can I use the disk braked hub wheel on the roadbike that doesn't have disk brakes ..... obviously its still got rims should I require to use the brake on the trainer, but I haven't to date even touched the brakes on the trainer ?

any advice would be good

Cheap vs upgrade .... and is £350 on either wheelset wheels really going to be an upgrade ?

Comments

• The Mavic will probably be 135 mm and won't fit the 130 mm dropouts of your road bike?
    left the forum March 2023
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    ooooh, never thought about that ..... guess I should go home and try that ... it will after all answer my question