london cyclists - if you use this route, time to give feedback

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited September 2016 in Commuting general
there's a vociferous campaign to kill the scheme and revert to the old/dangerous layout, if you use the route, you can give opinion here...

https://consultations.wearecamden.org/c ... roposed-im
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Done. And sharing around.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Done. Thanks for the kick up the bum - I'd seen the posters twice a day but been too lazy until now.

Also: if you can, get someone representing your company/employer to respond to the survey.

The LTDA's selfish reaction to this really makes me mad. I know they see it as protecting 'their' turf, but anyone can see the changes have been a major net positive. When the footpaths are widened the pedestrians will get their share of the benefits, too.

There's a public meeting on Monday, the 19th of September, at 7pm (doors 6:45pm) to allow people to 'have their say'. As the BRAG say that the changes have made cycling less safe (!!!) among other lies, it might be worth the time to attend. Be the change you want to see, and all that :)
  • sungod
    just saw a tesco articulated lorry, full size, drive down it the wrong way, maybe that's what they mean by less safe :)
  • There are a lot of people that despite riding there everyday that don't know about the consultation.

Suggest having a word to the person next to you at the red light tomorrow morning to tell them about the consultation.
  • sungod
    there was someone at tavistock square this morning handing out info to people with details on how to do the online feedback survey

i overheard a few people say they'd already done it
  • Brilliant. Happy to go help and handover a few next week.

Still a lot of people who don't know about this. Pretty much 2 in ten told me they knew (but one of them had not responded yet)
  • Done