Orro Gold Signature STC

siddy1972
siddy1972 Posts: 180
edited September 2016 in Your road bikes
Just got my Orro Gold STC in Lurid green and gold. Really nice ride, and a bit of a departure with trad geometry. Full spec is:
Orro Gold STC Signature Frame and Fork
3t Ergonova Pro Bar and ARX II Stem
Dura Ace 9000 brakes, shifters, F & R mechs
Power 2 Max classic crankset with Praxis Works rings
Ultegra pedals
Ultegra 12-25 cassette
Token C50 carbon clincher wheels
Conti Grand Prix 25 tyres
May swap out the bar as it's a bit wide at 44, and need to cut down the steerer (and ridiculously long seatpost) but otherwise pretty happy with the spec. Not sure of weight as I don't have scales, but feels light :-)

DSC_0117_zpshedgqjkx.jpg
DSC_0120_zpsoq1emjt1.jpg
DSC_0121_zpswb31g1yy.jpg
DSC_0125_zpsenxv3oeq.jpg
DSC_0126_zpsscnlcmpi.jpg

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Being honest I wasn't expecting much when I clicked the link but that looks bloody awesome. Very smart build, lovely lines and fantastic colours.

How does it ride/ what did you have before/ why the change?
  • The ride is good, a little harsh if I'm honest, but I did whack 100psi in the 25's, and I'm only 70kg. It's replaced a Cervelo S5, the old one that only took 23c tyres- that was bone shaking for a bloke in his 40's :-)
  • Anonymous
    Jeez you'd be fine on 80!! How come Orro? I see them in the press every now and then but always assumed people would go for Canyon/Rose for the same price. That said, you won't see any like yours, it's awesome!
  • Thanks. And you hit the nail on the head- wanted something different. The paint looks awesome in the flesh, green metallic with gold flecks, very nice.
  • PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    Yeah, get some air out of those tyres. That's a weapon. Very nice!
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    That floats my boat and the colour is stunning.
  • Lovely. Every time I see a picture of them I'm seriously tempted.
  • Wasn't really a fan of Orro until I saw this. Most of their paint jobs are too subdued and do nothing to show off the curves of the frames. This, on the other hand looks lovely and I bet it looks even better in the flesh.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Top advice from the Bikeradar collective- 80psi and the ride is transformed!
    Here's another pic in better light with the steerer cut down. It really does look better in the flesh. Apparently, this frame is a total one off in this colour, I'm told they did it as a test and decided against it. Why, I don't know, I think it looks lovely :-)
    61F19A13-EDDA-4695-8F83-F3BE723E4BE0_zpsi1tf3zli.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Now it's time to buy a camera which can handle the exposures when the light reflects off the frame :).
  • Been back and looked at this thread about 4 times now .

That bike is stunning. I really like that.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • I love it ! I'm seriously considering an Orro next. What size is it/ how tall are you ? I'm unsure as the small is 52-53, Medium 54-55. I'm 5'9" with a 32" inside leg. Currently leaning towards a medium.
    2015 Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    2014 Canyon Ultimate Al
    2008 Kona Stinky
    2000 Specialized P3
  • Hi, I'm 179cm with 83cm inside leg. This is a medium, according to the size guide I'm towards the top of the range for this, but it actually feels spot on to me. my saddle height is 76cm if that helps you any?
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    I saw the website for the first time recently and absolutely love the frame in white & gold, but I really like that green too. Cracking bike.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I shouldnt say things like cool at my age, but
    cool
    not out of place in the amateur peloton that is.
  • Superb! Love the colour and the whole build works perfectly!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Sorry but those Sedums just do not match your color scheme
  • I really like that, the frame is very tasty. How does it ride?
  • Nice work and attention to detail
    Probably stealth the stem, and what is that big black patch on the headtube?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • It rides very nicely- now I have the tyre pressures right. It always helps when the fit is just right.
    The lizard skin is on there as it was all I had in the garage, will clear tape it when I get some.
    Stealth stem? Interesting, 3T team stealth might be nice, anyone fancy a swap? :-)
  • It's a lizard skins (all I had in the garage). Going to swap it for some bike shield when it shows.
    Good idea with the stealth stem. Anyone want to swap :-)