I-Spec B - Brake levers only + Future Upgrade

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited September 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi.

Sorry, approx. 2 years out of MTB world, so probably very, very silly question.

Just had a complete failure of my 7 year old hayes s01e kits with fluid everywhere, and looking for a replacement.

Looking at getting the Ispec-B M675's that are currently ~ £50 each at the moment online, which seems a "reasonable" deal, and they are advertised as "Ispec-B" compliant.

As the hayes s01e were a generic handlebar mount, is there any reason I can't get and fit these now without worrying about the shifter side of things? ( obviously with the right PM mount adaptor)

Just thinking in the next few months i'll be replacing the full drive train, so will like the option then, but have an urgent need now!

Ta
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    No problems. As far as the lever goes, I-spec compatibility is basically a hole, doesn't affect the shifter at all unless you choose to bolt them together.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    No problems. As far as the lever goes, I-spec compatibility is basically a hole, doesn't affect the shifter at all unless you choose to bolt them together.

That's exactly what I thought, thanks. M675's front and back ordered for pickup tonight.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...