Vuelta stage 20 *spoiler*

12346»

Comments

• Pross wrote:
    EDIT: I'm tranquilo myself. Whats the clutching of pearls about? Froome has done that to Quintana on a number of occasions, and no one has been arsed enough to comment then

Anyway hopefully this will give Quintana more belief for next Jul. Tbf he and Movistar were pretty damn good in this Vuelta

I think you'll find a combative French person moaned like fark about it at the time along with a few others. Personally I like seeing riders put the boot in and try to get that psychological victory and all this whinging about 'lack of class' suggest spectators who have forgotten it's a professional sport. I did wonder at first if Froome's applause was genuine for a deserved victory or sarcastic at Quintana mugging him. Oddly I used to prefer Nairo to Froome but over the last 12 months that has changed.

This subject has just come up in Eurosport commentary.
    Kirby announced that the Spanish press have openly criticised Quintana for sprinting past Froome, to which Sean Kelly replied: "and rightly so, it wasn't a nice thing to do, it was a bit much." SK too thinks the subsequent applause was probably sarcastic, rather than a chapeau.
    Took me a little by surprise, tbh.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Quintana is only a couple points off the points jersey (Froome not far back either), so it was worth a sprint even in if that wasn't his actual reason.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    andyp wrote:
    Contador's unhappy with Movistar for not chasing Chaves yesterday, as he felt they owed him for the advantage he helped them gain on stage 15.

Is he new to this game?

Bert thinks he can win another Tour. The awareness game is not strong in this one, however great a racer he is

can still animate a race, but is past it. his work in the breakaway stage was wonderful. he went too deep there and suffered the rest of the race.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    philbar72 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Contador's unhappy with Movistar for not chasing Chaves yesterday, as he felt they owed him for the advantage he helped them gain on stage 15.

Is he new to this game?

Bert thinks he can win another Tour. The awareness game is not strong in this one, however great a racer he is

can still animate a race, but is past it. his work in the breakaway stage was wonderful. he went too deep there and suffered the rest of the race.

That's Bertie through and through. He can light up a stage, or put in an attack on a climb, but goes too far into the red too often. He doesn't seem to know how to manage his efforts.
  • Dorset Boy wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Is he new to this game?

That's Bertie through and through. He can light up a stage, or put in an attack on a climb, but goes too far into the red too often. He doesn't seem to know how to manage his efforts.

If only there was some form of device that could give him his effort in say number form. Which would make it easier for him to manage.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    But then he wouldn't be riding to entertain True Cycling Fans TM globally.

Something tells me that nice you start talking about how you ride to entertain the fans it suggests you know you are no longer a genuine contender among top class company.