Cube 140 or Canyon spectral

andycdubya
andycdubya Posts: 15
edited September 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi looking for some advice on next bike. I currently have a 2010 heckler in large. I have narrowed down choice to cube 140 hpa sl or canyon spectral 7.0 ex
Both are 2016 bikes with similar spec and about £1900 in sale. Can't do a proper demo of either but can at least see cube in the flesh. My other dilemma is what size. On both the online size charts I'm at the upper end of large but am tempted to go larger. Anyone got any experience of either?

Comments

• I haven't got any experience with either biked, but with regards to sizing/fit I would highly suggest you seat on each bike in-person and make sure you get the frame size that fits you the best.

I recently ordered a Cube Aim Pro in an 18" frame, but it was too big as I had zero standing clearance. Despite this, sizing charts said an 18" was the right size for me based on my height (5ft, 9") and have also been told this from family/fiends and even the guy in Halfords.

Perhaps this is just me being cynical, but I would say that basing your ideal frame purely off your height is a bad idea, as you might have shorter or longer than average legs for your height.
  • Standover height isn't important. Personally I wouldn't have either of these bikes anyway, I'd go for a Giant Trance, there's some excellent discounts available.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I recently ordered a Cube Aim Pro in an 18" frame, but it was too big as I had zero standing clearance. Despite this, sizing charts said an 18" was the right size for me based on my height (5ft, 9") and have also been told this from family/fiends and even the guy in Halfords.

Why do you need standing clearance? Ride your bike by walking it straddling the top tube do you? Theres little or no reason to need space when standing over the top tube.

Theres a lot more to bike fitment than that bud.