Fork Upgrade from Rock Shox XC28

hoggy1972
hoggy1972 Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in MTB buying advice
HI All,

I have a Giant Talon 0 29er with a Rock Shox XC28 fork. I've had it for a while now and have recently started doing a lot more riding on fairly bumpy single track. Its a great bike but Looking at a few reviews of the bike they all mention that the fork is the single worst feature on the bike and really 'holds back' the rest of the bike, which they generally say is great.

I haven't ridden any other bikes so i'm unsure what they are talking about but generally speaking it is faulted with being too flexy, rebound is too slow and it bottoms out.

I'm therefore thinking of upgrading the fork but what would be a good upgrade for a budget of about £200-250?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Suntour Epicon/Epixon are good, you need to check what steerer size you have though, if you have Giants overdrive you'll need some headset adaptors.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Only Overdrive 2 needs adapters. Overdrive is just Giants name for standard tapered.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Thanks, was early (6:40am here) is my excuse!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.