thursday, enter the risen osiris, risen again

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,557
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

took a couple of pics yesterday, still need to examine them for signs of the tabby

easy ride due this morning, expecting at least two cafe stops, which may involve a toroidal delicacy

sunbed, laze, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    meh

Working from home as I've got too much on & don't want to spend 3hrs commuting
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Last day in this job. Currently on the train. Sun is out and bike is beckoning. Damn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    What time you escaping for the bike? Or you serving the full penalty?

Raining, better clear up for my ride later. Winter bike being in full CX attire, including mud

Busy day, need coffee
    Ciao
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Had to serve the full 6 week penalty which is a real sh!tter given I'm front office in a bank.

Bike beckons tomorrow as leaving drinks tonight.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Still no idea what Sungods on, still want whatever it is.
    Today I'm mainly battling through the usual drivel of people not knowing what they are doing and whinging they cant access Facebook or some gambling site. Evening I'm hoping I can get out on the bike get me over the 1000 miles for the year marker (yay).
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Step83 wrote:
    Today I'm mainly battling through the usual drivel of people not knowing what they are doing and whinging they cant access Facebook or some gambling site. Evening I'm hoping I can get out on the bike get me over the 1000 miles for the year marker (yay).
    That's about 4 miles a day! Shame on you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Not so much project profit as project "spend all the profit"

Refitting the woodburner in an inset thing that is currently being built.

E078F93A-6310-4A6E-8605-837AB19FC5F2_zps4szm3dq1.jpg

Went to see a man about a granite slab last night and ended up wandering aroud his field full of Llamas then came home and started the above.

Need to sheet the frontroom off at lunch then the boy is off to a football match tonight meaning I get zero time to fettle which means probably no riding in the morning :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    lazy ride around this morning, saw el gato jengibre del faro y el gato de la marina rubicon

the sun is shining, just rolled back the pool cover and put a towel on the sunbed

great days
  • Half day today, crit races around tomorrows TOB start in Sidmouth tonight.
    Currently looking at the logistics for tomorrows stage and seeing how many places we catch it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Im blaming work, first half of the year was 12hr shifts with one day off a week an now we do 8hr shifts with 4hr on call from home. Joys of IT support.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    seanoconn wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Evening I'm hoping I can get out on the bike get me over the 1000 miles for the year marker (yay).
    I'm probably on less miles than that this year due to all the driving around to various appointments for my daughter, probably only ridden to work twice a week on average and hardly any weekend rides. I'm desperately unfit now.

Thursday morning hangover is in evidence as expected, this confirms it is definitely Thursday. Managed to ride in at least and it was a nice morning. Tomorrow I have to drive again as I have to drive her to school and be available to pick her up if necessary. Busy morning at work for me with a few large orders, this is good if we manage to hit bonus again this month.
    Need to go in search of scoff now so I can maintain my god like figure.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Building a deck, 462 screws so far, wtf :roll:

I read Sungod's post to marmite, he creased up...

marmite.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    seanoconn wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    I prefer quality not quantity :P

Minion hunting this morning with a bit of real work to follow once I'm done with stuffing my face. Pedalling means I'm very hungry and I didn't get a chance to eat anything apart from a bit of Weetabix before I got on the bike. Still, working from home again tomorrow...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:

marmite.jpg
    I hate marmite!
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Minion hunting this morning with a bit of real work to follow once I'm done with stuffing my face. Pedalling means I'm very hungry and I didn't get a chance to eat anything apart from a bit of Weetabix before I got on the bike. Still, working from home again tomorrow...
    You know the bit with you and your bike in a van doesn't count as miles cycled
  • seanoconn
    Got some extra mileage in this morning, left at 6 to get to Putney, got halfway there and had the sinking feeling that I'd left my phone at home. Checked my rucksack, no phone. Turned the air blue and decided I couldn't get through the day without my phone. Cycled home, woke the missus up again, can't see my phone on the bedside table, pat my pockets and low and behold my phone has been in my jersey pocket the whole time, motherfucker!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    sungod wrote:
    ....which may involve a toroidal delicacy

I had a crescent shaped thing of French origin.
    Step83 wrote:
    ...1000 miles for the year marker (yay).

Boy, do I feel smug. Very smug. That is, until the weather fooks up the plan for the last 3 months to clock up a decent haul..
    (Although you and I my friend, are lightweights).
    Not so much project profit as project "spend all the profit"

Refitting the woodburner in an inset thing that is currently being built.

Yep, me fitting one of these too. Mine will have a fan on top to blow hot air out.

I'm a bit further down the line than you. Must take a pic as I have honed the whole thing out. This was taken weeks ago:

52a306285167bc2b1111b6d060ca7550.jpg

Marmite is laughing because he thinks SG has got it all wrong and he knows things that we'll never know.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

You know the bit with you and your bike in a van doesn't count as miles cycled
    Nor does the bit piling down the hill as I'm not actually pedalling :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Marmite is laughing because he thinks SG has got it all wrong and he knows things that we'll never know.

tabbies know best, they also like marmite

on the other hand, i've discovered i have more beer than expected :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:

marmite.jpg
    I hate marmite!

Is it because I rides a hybrid?

bikefit.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike